Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

They lied to us... did they?

Options
  • 06-07-2006 8:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭

what I was told regarding the delay of the introduction of this site, by regi or cloud or doomsday or one of the admins, was that they had great things in store for the forum, what was that about looks damn ordinary to me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

I'm probably speaking out of turn here but this gambling forum was as much as a surprise to me as it was to you. There is another gambling forum, seperate to boards.ie but affiliated with it (like antesup.ie and antesup.ie/boards) and this was due to open in the next few days. All I can guess is that Ecksor wasn't aware of it and approved this one anyway OR this one will exist too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Royale wrote:
    what I was told regarding the delay of the introduction of this site, by regi or cloud or doomsday or one of the admins, was that they had great things in store for the forum, what was that about looks damn ordinary to me.

I thought I'd commented on the Gambling thread but realise now I didn't - I didn't make any such promises, but may have deferred to DeV WRT to the creation of the forum - i.e. should we have one at all? (in the same way as we needed to think about the creation of a Smoking forum beforehand).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

fade2black wrote:
    I'm probably speaking out of turn here but this gambling forum was as much as a surprise to me as it was to you. There is another gambling forum, seperate to boards.ie but affiliated with it (like antesup.ie and antesup.ie/boards) and this was due to open in the next few days. All I can guess is that Ecksor wasn't aware of it and approved this one anyway OR this one will exist too.

Yeah same here , this has come as a major shock to me as the new site is opening in the next few days.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I dont know who created this and the admins will discuss it tomorrow at our admin meeting. This may not be the right place for it.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

DeV, the site is getting so much bigger it's breeding without your knowledge!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

DeVore wrote:
    I dont know who created this and the admins will discuss it tomorrow at our admin meeting. This may not be the right place for it.

DeV.

ecksor created it, it's listed in the Forums Accepted / Rejected forum.

Well we can link from other categories too possibly (Rec, Sports).

Advertisement