Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

windsave unit

Options
  • 06-07-2006 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭

was thinking of investing a bit of money in a wind turbine - i have a heat pump which uses quite a bit of electricty and i live on a very windy site - high up and very exposed - i have heard that the winsave claims 33% savings but i have read an article which claims that this is improbable and that 5-10% is more likely - has anyone any experience -
    also have heard that these are actually illegal in the rep of ireland - how true is this

ps i have absolutely no problems with my excess power going into the grid - the esb are welcome to it ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I would say that if you go on over to green issues there is a thread that will probably answer this question somewhere in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭beldin

I was given this link lately for windmills that fit at the side of your house.
    http://windsave.staging.atwwwuk.com/page.asp?partid=15

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Hoagy

Windsave claim their unit will qualify for one ROC annually in the UK on average, which suggests a total annual output of 1 megawatt, or 1000 units.
    This will save you 150 euro on your ESB bill.
    The unit will cost you at least 2500 to install here, which would mean a payback of 16 years.
    Windsave claim an average lifespan of ten years.
    Hard to see a saving.

Advertisement