Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Sat Nav

Options
  • 06-07-2006 10:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭

I have an 05 Landcruiser with build in Sat Nav. Its not very up to date as it is an English disk that is in it.

Does anyone know where i could get an Irish disk. I was told i could download one on the aa website but i haven't been able to find it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I think it depends on the manufactorer of the sat nav. I think it would have been supplied by one of them ,Garmin etc, maps from any sat nav won't work unless it uses the same map software, mine uses mapsource city navigator, I just bought the unit and got a free upgrade of the software but to buy it was about 125 sterling.You should have got some documentation with it originally just like you do for your car radio.If you dont have any check with toyota, at the very least they can tell you where to get an upgrade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

dubtom wrote:
    at the very least they can tell you where to get an upgrade.

They did. They said on the aa website but i can't find anything there about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Do you know thw name of the sat nav?

dubtom wrote:
    Do you know thw name of the sat nav?

No i've no idea. I can find out in the morning. (I hope)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

An Irish disc is available if it's built in Satnav (intergrated Toyota unit)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Find out whether its DVD or Cd based , I have one here which I ordered in error for my sisters VX ..

sharkman wrote:
    Find out whether its DVD or Cd based , I have one here which I ordered in error for my sisters VX ..

It's dvd based.
    colm_mcm wrote:
    An Irish disc is available if it's built in Satnav (intergrated Toyota unit)

From where?

Toyota dealers should be able to order them.

colm_mcm wrote:
    Toyota dealers should be able to order them.

They said 400e, and will take a week or so.

€400 sounds a bit saucy! but as far as I know, only a Toyota disc will work.
    The UK or continental Europe discs aren't that expensive.

Oh yeah, the mapping isn't great either, unless you're in Dublin

• Advertisement

I have a UK one. Its an Irish one i need.

I know you have a UK disc, What I mean is the Irish disc shouldn't be that much more expensive than the UK one.

The problem is just finding one.

Leave it with me!

Can you tell me the exact model of Land Cruiser you have, and any model name that might be on the front of the unit?

Is it this unit?
    landcruiser2tb.jpg

Advertisement