Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registering .ie for a client

Options
  • 06-07-2006 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭

Hi There,

I'm working on a project on a client and they have asked me to register a .ie domain for them. I'm after telling them that it might be better if they do the registration as I hear a lot of documentation must be given to the registrar but they havn't done anything with the registering yet and i want to get this site done. They don't seem to have the time to do technical stuff like that.

My question is, how hard would it be for me to register a .ie domain for them? Must i get paper work off them, and if so what kind of paper work. I would probably buy it off blacknight or someone, as they seem to have reasonable prices. I wouldn't like to go directly with IEDR as them guys in there are slow to respond and at times don't know what they at!

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

You're better off going through a registrar for a one-off, it'll be cheaper and less hassle. If you get requests for more, you can always talk to the IEDR about a reseller account then.

Your client will need to be able to prove an entitlement to the domain name, with a same or similar corporation name, registered business name, a letter from their bank or accountant or solicitor, or possibly even a brochure.

Drop myself, Blacknight, Hosting365 or Register.ie a line and we'll sort you out.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Karoma wrote:
    Its actually a charity based organisation, so shouldn't be much documentation needed

Ken Shabby wrote:
    You're better off going through a registrar for a one-off, it'll be cheaper and less hassle. If you get requests for more, you can always talk to the IEDR about a reseller account then.

Your client will need to be able to prove an entitlement to the domain name, with a same or similar corporation name, registered business name, a letter from their bank or accountant or solicitor, or possibly even a brochure.

Drop myself, Blacknight, Hosting365 or Register.ie a line and we'll sort you out.

adam
    THanks a lot, I dont' think i would be ordering many domains, so this once off would be better off with one of you guys. They have a bank account for the organisation so i take it i could use that or something

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

If they are a registered charity then IE registration is free of charge as long as you can provide the charity details.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

blacknight wrote:
    If they are a registered charity then IE registration is free of charge as long as you can provide the charity details.
    Absolutely, you can read the details here. The details must include the charity number.

adam

Thanks for the information lads.
    I actually ment non profit organisation, whoops!. Anyways im sure that will cost. Will do further reading later.

Thanks once again

Advertisement