Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing internet account

• 06-07-2006 11:41pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 290 ✭✭

Is it possible to get someones internet account terminated for spamming a forum with racist words if i have their ip address?

Gratz

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Let the admins of the forum know about it first and they will probably advise you best on how to deal with it as they will have better tracking on the person spamming I would assume.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 290 ✭✭Tak3n

assuming i had all the information could i push forward and contact the internet company and get their account removed on the basis of spamming racist words?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Prob not. Unless you had a court order the ISP wouldn't be bothered. ISP's all have terms and conditions regarding use, but until there is real threat of legal action they rarely do anything to enforce this.

Your best option is to contact admins of the forum, get them to block this user and delete their posts.

Advertisement