Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Free Running Movie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Out in the cinema this week according to the Sunday Times.
    From http://online.entertainmentireland.ie/online/cinema/index.asp?skin=blue
    Showing in:
    UGC/Cineworld: Fri - Sun 10.30am 12.30 2.30 4.50 7.30 9.50pm, Mon - Thu 10.20am 12.30 12.30 4.50 7.00 9.10pm

IMC Dun Laoghaire: Fri 1.05 3.00 5.10 7.20 9.30pm, Fri 1.05 3.00 5.10 7.20 9.30pm, Mon - Thu 1.05 3.00 5.10 7.20 9.30pm.

UCI Tallaght: 2.40 4.50 7.10 9.20pm

Vue Liffey Valley: 3.10 5.40 7.45 10.00pm (no days specified).

Was thinking of going to see the Grudge 2 on Friday, might see this instead since unless it gets good numbers it won't be shown elsewhere and also won't show for long in those cinemas. Have to see what next week's times are like though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,562 ✭✭✭savemejebus

saw this ... last night. The film itself is throwaway, basically and advertisement for parkour and while the parkour is cool (IMO the best scene is at the beginning when laiko is escaping from the highrise)the film is destroyed by the dubbing.
    The lead character and his sister are from a french ghetto/suburb which they call a barrio (spanis term) in the movie and get this they both have thicker 'oirish' accents than anyone in the commitments...it's unbelievable. All the characters in the film, even though they're supposed to be from around Paris have accents from different countries... it's crazy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

why do they have Irish accents, are they Irish actors?

I saw the trailer and I was like why are you boucing of walss just run, and why is ladder built into a building? and why the hell would someone jump out a window, without being prepared to catch a swinging rope with a man already on it?

I see there is a free running game coming out, I guess it will be like onty hawk which is a great game that works really well, but I don't know about the speed of it compared to skate boarding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,562 ✭✭✭savemejebus

thats the thing, they're all french actors, in fact the male character with the Irish accent is David Belle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

It looks good,hopefully I,ll get too see it before it heads out of the cinema.I picked up a copy of jump britian last week in London...it,s class.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

saw this on vcd last night. The film itself is throwaway, basically and advertisement for parkour and while the parkour is cool (IMO the best scene is at the beginning when laiko is escaping from the highrise)the film is destroyed by the dubbing.
    The lead character and his sister are from a french ghetto/suburb which they call a barrio (spanis term) in the movie and get this they both have thicker 'oirish' accents than anyone in the commitments...it's unbelievable. All the characters in the film, even though they're supposed to be from around Paris have accents from different countries... it's crazy
    Dunno how you got a dub, But I went to see this in UGC a while back and it was subbed. Great film anyway, though at least one person walked out of the cinema within the first few minutes. A case of "Wtf? Why are they all speaking in foreign" I think... =/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭whupass

i went to see it and was expecting it to be in english like transporter but NOT dubbed, i saw in imc and it was subed and great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

saw it in kerry in a cinema subbed, was very good.

saw some of the dubbed version, its like they're taking the piss. boo urns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Absoloutely unreal movie,
    Some of the best parkour scenes I have seen yet.
    David Belle is some runner,managing to squeeze through tiny slots and dive out of windows is something beyond me!

Advertisement