Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where did you get your name from

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

nanook wrote:
    tar, welcome back. thought you had forgotten about us.
    If I don't reply it does not mean I am not watching. (:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

nanook wrote:
    smashey, you have wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to much time on your hands, should you not be planning awedding or summit :)

All plans are in place. I'm just unwinding.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

smashey wrote:
    All plans are in place. I'm just unwinding.
    Am I glad to hear that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

The nosie Hertz never lost makes jst before a change in direction.

i.e. Right Turn DingDing :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

just an old gamer name, computer related :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭smallpaws

Sorry, I just saw this.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by smallpaws
    Smallpaws is a variant of my dog's middle name.

I know, I know, you're all smacking your foreheads in amazement and jealousy.

Middle name?????????? What are its other names. Cant wait to find

her whole name (it's an AKC thing, you register your dog with the oddest name possible, as there's probably a million dogs called Fluffy, Rocky, etc) is made up of some very silly stuff. Her whole name is Peetle Littlepaws O' Poohheart, as she was so small when we got her we called her "Beetle puppy, beetle puppy" then slipped verbally into 'Peetle puppy, Peetle puppy" and it stuck, as she did seem pretty Peetlish. teh middle name ought to be obvious, she was only about 2 pounds and a couple ounces when I got her, and the last name is from my ex's native language, Urdu, he said one day while looking at her in total adoration," Oh she is the pooh of my heart!" (This is the same guy who wanted a wolf-hybrid for a dog, or a rottweiler.) In His language, pooh is 'kiss'. The O part is because I love Ireland. So the name stuck, no other dog could have that combination of names and she got registered. Oh yeah, she's a small little five pound , seven year old Maltese that will kick you ass if you make fun of her name. Don't think she won't, the last person that did got a sockful of padlocks upside the ankle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭smallpaws

Oh google is fcuking funny; I ran Peetle through it and there is a drink named for her, evidently.

Who knew, lol,my baby dog likes to drink..a "Lady Peetle".

Jesus, I have way too much time on my hands today...her photo also comes up as well as atiny image of a painting I did of her. Sh*t, my website with her on it is nowhere on the first page...dang.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

Quite simple and boring, as it is my nickname, but on other sites i have diff names.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

a mix of my name and my brothers, once upon a time we shared an email address (back in the day :D) and I kept the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

I've been using Deman for some years now but it all started when I first started playing online games such as Fall of Nations, Imperium Rising and Torn City. Originally I was using d_mac to indicate my first initial and as I'm a Mc, I used mac. It evolved through time to become deman with the stress on the second syllable, sounding like "the man". And as I was always a Ric Flair (wrestler) fan, he always was "the man" and "to be deman, you gotta beat deman" which was my motto in the online games.

Hope I didn't bore you :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Exactly what it says on the tin.

Best name on boards for this Forum anyway :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Sin scéal eile

I actually tried to register with the name "Culchie", now I know who#s to blame that I couldn't use that name ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭trilo

My name comes form the name of my dog Trilo, which in trun is pronounced treelo, whoes name i have taken from bear in the big blue house because i love its so. treelo is the ring tailed lemur in the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Frisian

Moin, moin.
    Hailing from the green meadows and the black and white cattle, down by the sea.
    The northwest ... of Germany.

Exchanged it with Cinderella county.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭l3LoWnA

Honest to god I couldn't expain!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

you could try

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Me Sue. I racked my brains for that....

As in the words of that Johnny Cash classic ....... my name is Sue how do you do.

Welcome to the NW forum

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Thanks Muffler, I usually hear "A boy named Sue"...

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭icom

Got my name from the equipment I use on amateur radio.
    All my radio gear is manufactured by Icom, because I like the sound of the audio on receive and get good audio reports when transmitting, not too sore on the neighbours tv's either !!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icom

• Advertisement

Welcome to the North West forum icom.

I suppose its not your fault that you're from Ballybofey :D

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭icom

muffler wrote:
    Welcome to the North West forum icom.

I suppose its not your fault that you're from Ballybofey :D

Thanks Muffler.

Could've been worse, it might have been Stranorlar !! :)

icom wrote:
    Could've been worse, it might have been Stranorlar !! :)
    Oh the pain of it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 geekGirl

Actually, Muffler, I thought you got your name from the villiage in Donegal. There is a villiage in Inishown called Muff, its near to Moville ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

geekGirl wrote:
    Actually, Muffler, I thought you got your name from the villiage in Donegal. There is a villiage in Inishown called Muff, its near to Moville ;)

Thanks for the geography lesson. :rolleyes:

geekGirl wrote:
    There are people who would cringe at the thought of being from Muff :D

Sorry, but no connection to the little village (well it used to be once upon a time)

Now then geekGirl we are all very anxious to know how you invented your user name. Lets hope that its got nothing to do with geek :eek:

Advertisement