Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish BroadBand - Any good for gaming? :)

• 07-07-2006 1:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knows of this, and what kind of location they live/tried it at?

I've not really bothered getting myself a new computer in years for the sake that I can't really play online. So just checking if it's an option for giving me an excuse to finally buy a new computer AND play online. (Last PC game I bought was Swat 3) :p

Currently living in the countryside, just 4km from Ashbourne - what kind of connection would you predict?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

it's good when it works yes, nice pings, problem is it usually doesnt work.
    e.g massive packet loss pinks of 2 seconds etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Diabolus

It'd be more fun to eat your own toes than to game online with IBB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

BeerWolf wrote:
    Currently living in the countryside, just 4km from Ashbourne - what kind of connection would you predict?
    I predict a very bad connection as it doesn't appear that IBB cover Ashborne http://www.irishbroadband.ie/coverage.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

IBB = wost BB provider in Ireland with shoddy service to uncaring overworked staff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Dear god no. Will be fine for a while when you get it pings ~8ms but will soon go to crap.

Steer clear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

This sucks - Ireland's BB rollout is so freakin slow!! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

Just go for it you could be lucky.
    I am only 100meters from the mast and
    I get a pretty good service.

Although my pings are normally ~100ms
    I only get 8ms pings to the mast.

Basically if you have problems with the
    start then get rid of it straight away.