Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mercedes

Options
  • 07-07-2006 1:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭

I was thinking I might import (from somewhere) a mercedes 180/200 series. Approx 98/99.
    Question ... have any of you done this and does it work out well. I look forward to replies.
    I am "thinking" of changing my eighteen year old 190 diesel .
    I look forward to replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

motors forum is here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=47
    Read the sticky at the top detailing the steps required to import from the UK.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Moved from Consumer Issues

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭Archeron

nosmo-king wrote:
    I was thinking I might import (from somewhere) a mercedes 180/200 series. Approx 98/99.
    Question ... have any of you done this and does it work out well. I look forward to replies.
    I am "thinking" of changing my eighteen year old 190 diesel .
    I look forward to replies.

Hi there,
    Dont know if its relevant or not, but I bought a 97 C180 petrol in Dublin, which I didnt know was actually brought down here from the North. It was a major piece o' poo. Rusted to bits underneath (due to salt instead of grit on roads up there I believe??) as well as a myriad of other problems. Possibly luck of the draw I know, but it made me very wary. In the space of the 10 months that I had that car, I lost seven grand, and thats not counting the two grand I put it into it. It was exceedingly incredibly un-economical, (15 euro a day on petrol just driving 35 miles to work) and TBH, I found it quite cramped inside as well. Even at the lowest seating position, my head was touching the roof. I'm 6 foot 2, so I'm not exactly a giant either.
    Just my tuppence worth.

Advertisement