Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

21st suggestions

Options
  • 07-07-2006 3:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

Howdy, need to book somewhere In Dublin city centre for a 21st. Only a small get together, maybe 30-50 people. It also needs to be freeeeeee ( or cheap) & stay open late. Does such a place exist ? Also somewhere that would let us play our own muzak would be great...although I know it may not be possible. Suggestions ?

Thanks muchly.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

somebodys house...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Mordeth wrote:
    somebodys house...

Well yeah, ideally :p

Want to rent me your house ?

I would, but I don't live in dublin I'm afraid

kildare would prob be too scary for all your friends from the pale ;)

Doyle's, Gingerman (but doesn't have a late bar, I think), Messrs, Russell Court Hotel (again, not sure on the late bar).

Loads of hotels on Harcourt Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

Mordeth wrote:
    I would, but I don't live in dublin I'm afraid

kildare would prob be too scary for all your friends from the pale ;)

Wasn't Kildare in the Pale?

• Advertisement

you were in the pale

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Myth wrote:
    Doyle's, Gingerman (but doesn't have a late bar, I think), Messrs, Russell Court Hotel (again, not sure on the late bar).

Loads of hotels on Harcourt Street.

Where can you rent in Doyles ? the downstairs ?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Wrong forum. Moved.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I am not sure if you will get a free/cheap room at the Weekend but loads of places will give you on during the week.

What side of the city...?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

There's loads of pubs in the city that have private function rooms / closed off areas and would cater for this kinda thing.
    Depending on the pub, you should be able to book them for free. You may have to pay a deposit, but you'll get that back at the end of the night.
    A late bar doesnt matter - probably best you get people there from 8pm or so, and then anyone who wants to head off to a late club/bar can. THey'll also allow you to come in early and deck the place with balloons and junk.
    Shouldn't be a problem havin your own music too, as long as the pub still use CD players. A lot have swapped over to hard drive based systems, but they should let you select the type / era music :D
    Probably a good idea to stroll around a certain area you want to have it and go in and ask different pubs on what they offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭raheny red

Messrs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

The Westmoreland is nice, but no late bar. Head there, then move on to somewhere else after midnight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭^CwAzY^

Can I come

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

tusky i know karma rent out the upstairs part but as far as the music goes i wouldnt hold out much hope for that joint

text us and remind me when thats on again :p

Advertisement