Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

smackdown spoilers

• 07-07-2006 9:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭

from pwinsider.com:
    The Battle Royal for the number 1 contendership for the world title-it was a good battle royal with the last 3 competitores being booker t,regal and surprisingly.........matt hardy.I was happy to see that matt was in the last 3 because this must meen that hes not just a jobber.Anyway,the ending was matt trying to throw regal out onlyto have booker come from behind and throw them both out, htus meaning booker t is the number 1 contender for the world title and will face rey mysterio at the great american bash.
    Kennedy vs Super Crazy-again it was a good match with the winner being........MRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. KENNEDYYYYYYY.............KENNEDYYYY
    Tatanka vs Khali-first of all the bell never even rang and second of all Khali squashed Tanaka.The ending was good though because there was a casket at ringside(which davari brought out at the start)and just before Khali could put Tanaka in it the lights dim and smoke comes out of the casket.Undertakers voice is played over the speakers and he accepts Khalis challenge and says that he should have quit while he was ahead and that at The Great American Bash he will REST IN PEACE!
    Psicosis vs Vito-entertaining match with Vito picking up the win.Once again wwe is putting over a ridiculus gimmic/idea(see spirit squad)
    The Pit Bulls vs Scotty Too Hottie & Funaki-The Pitbulls win in a competitive squash.
    Bobby Lashley vs Gregory Helms-Lashley wins with a dominator.Helms dosent really get much offence in.Good match.
    Batista’s music hits and he does his usual entrance. Big ovation. It ain’t Hogan like, or MSG like, but it’s solid nonetheless. Batista grabs a mic and yells “Mark Henry, get out here now!”. Mark Henry’s music hits and Henry slowly makes his way to the ring. Henry is very sloooow to come down and halfway down the ramp, he smiles and walks back up the ramp, but Rey jumps him form behind. Henry tosses Rey into the ring barrier but Batista comes after Henry and tosses him into the ring steps. Solid spot. Batista punches at Henry and boots him in the face. Batista grabs the ring steps and hits Henry in the head with them. Stiff looking spot. Batista kicks Henry while he’s down and Henry is bleeding from his head. A bunch of ref and ring officials come down to stop this, but Batista grabs a chair and hits Henry in the back 5-6 times in the back with it. Batista stands over him at ringside as the show goes off the air.

Going through the motions. Nobody really worth watching. The final segment was really well done though.

Zip!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

you dont have to spoiler tag your post - aslong as the title of your post says "Smackdown spoilers" - thats all that is required :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I'm assuming you mean Tatanka, unless Masato Tanaka's joined SD!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

batista is back and it rocked smackdown:D :D probably one of the best segments on smackdown i've seen in a while, "creative team in a good booking shock":eek: :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

batista is back!!!!!!!!!!!..maybe smackdown will be a little more entertaining:D

fatal wrote:
    batista is back!!!!!!!!!!!..maybe smackdown will be a little more entertaining:D

:D:D yup yup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

Well here's hoping that Smackdown improves aswell. It really needs someone with good character like Batista to inject some interest back into the show. I was really not enjoying the show the last few weeks with King Booker dominating the show. What a terrible gimmick with terrible music to boot. Don't know about you but I wish they would really get rid of Micheal Cole aswell. He's definitly the most annoying comentator of all time and contributes heavily to my disliking of smackdown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Zip

Fozzy wrote:
    I'm assuming you mean Tatanka, unless Masato Tanaka's joined SD!

Yeh sorry about that.I got mixed up.Thanks for the correction!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 bigtimefan72

You all must be on crack imo Batista while looking amazing and hopefully gonna retire the awfulness that is Henry is no savior for smackdown the show needs way more than anything he can bring to the table!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

they need to merge smackdown and raw again because there just isnt enough talent. and even if they did that it would stil be lacking.

They're still makin loads of money from both shows though. I doubt they'd consider merging them until they start makin a loss, and then after they've tried to fix it first

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Booker T is gold!!!! Don't know what people are complaining about ... and finlay v regal v lashley for great american bash ... how great is that? (really great!).

Glad Batista is back, means Booker has some decent opposition once he takes the title off rey. (assuming booker and batista can work together)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

Cactus Col wrote:
    Glad Batista is back, means Booker has some decent opposition once he takes the title off rey. (assuming booker and batista can work together)
    course they can work together, did you miss the article about two month ago that said that the fight at the commercial was in fact all a work ( even wwe workers were fooled), i can't wait for a good booker run, agree with you about him. i lthink he's great as a wrestler both in the ring and the out (promos etc),

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

course they can work together, did you miss the article about two month ago that said that the fight at the commercial was in fact all a work ( even wwe workers were fooled), i can't wait for a good booker run, agree with you about him. i lthink he's great as a wrestler both in the ring and the out (promos etc),

Missed that article .... cheers

The last article I read about it was less than a month ago, and it said it was for real
    The well-publicized Booker T-Batista fight, about which reports conflict in identifying it as either a work or shoot, started when Booker T confronted Batista about not shaking hands with all of his colleagues on the Summerslam commercial shoot.

Booker also asked Batista, in reference to comments made in a media interview, if he still thought the SmackDown! crew was lazy.

Batista defended himself against Booker’s assaults, and the argument escalated (the escalation is attributed to Batista, as Booker reportedly wanted to walk away at some point). The two then went into a separate room and began fighting.

The fight was quickly broken up, but despite being on the bottom, Batista urged his fellow wrestlers to let the two continue. Batista once again ended up on his back, and wrestlers then broke it up for good.

During the breakup, Batista got in the shot that left a mark on Booker T’s face. Sharmell, in response to what she felt was a cheap shot, began kicking Batista. Booker T also screamed that he’s a “gangsta” and would “get” Batista if he saw him alone.

Some reports suggest that Batista once again tried getting some cheap shots in, but nothing really landed. He then insinuated that Booker T is somewhat responsible for younger talent being held down in the lockerroom, but no one agreed. In fact, Bobby Lashley personally noted that Booker was instrumental in helping him grow as a performer.

Vince McMahon later took the two aside and forced them to talk through their differences.

What was the deal with Booker's black eye and Batista's cuts that week if it wasn't real? But if it was a work, they'll have to mention it during a feud with the two of them

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

Well even if the fight was for real there still is a good chance that it will be mentioned during the feud. WWE always capitalise on real life situations. The edge, lita, hardy love triangle for example.

They don't always capitalise on them. Hardy obviously agreed to allow it to be used when he came back. They aren't using RVD and Sabu's real life situation on tv

Fozzy wrote:
    The last article I read about it was less than a month ago, and it said it was for real

What was the deal with Booker's black eye and Batista's cuts that week if it wasn't real? But if it was a work, they'll have to mention it during a feud with the two of them
    well the last time i read the thread aboutit that we had on here it was filled with reports about it being a work, thats why i thought it was, as for the cuts and bruises, well i reckon if it was a work they laid one or two on each other for looks (it's not completely uncommon) but if they were for real it doesn't sit with the work angle, i guess this one is just too complicated to figure the truth out.

well the last time i read the thread aboutit that we had on here it was filled with reports about it being a work, thats why i thought it was, as for the cuts and bruises, well i reckon if it was a work they laid one or two on each other for looks (it's not completely uncommon) but if they were for real it doesn't sit with the work angle, i guess this one is just too complicated to figure the truth out.

i'm feeling the same way about it, it still smells of a work to me to be honest, 1 why would they advertise it on wwe.com and 2 why didnt they at least fine or suspend the two of them:confused:

I don't think they'd fine two guys for havin a fight. I was lookin at Eddie's book last night, and he was talkin about how him and Charlie Haas had a bit of a scrap after a match that didn't go too well. He said you just make up and move on, fights happen all the time backstage..which is a reason why it could be a work..if they happen all the time, then why publicise this one? I'd still imagine there's some truth to it, even if the whole story isn't true. They don't seem to get along too well

Fozzy wrote:
    I don't think they'd fine two guys for havin a fight. I was lookin at Eddie's book last night, and he was talkin about how him and Charlie Haas had a bit of a scrap after a match that didn't go too well. He said you just make up and move on, fights happen all the time backstage..which is a reason why it could be a work..if they happen all the time, then why publicise this one? I'd still imagine there's some truth to it, even if the whole story isn't true. They don't seem to get along too well
    but thats the problem fozzy, with all the conflicting reports how do you know they were fined, that the fining story was another part of a work? it's all too murky to make a proper call, granted there is a lot of creedence to it being a real story but then we also have to ask would batista get a big push and story on his return, would booker get king of the ring, you wouldn't think so if they were getting the company a bad name by fighting at a commercial shoot, but then WWE are all about making money and wouldn't cut their nose off to spite their face, an active booker and batista will make WWE a lot of money.
    so in summary it could be a work or it could be real, and we'll never know and thats really bugging me. :D

• Advertisement

so in summary it could be a work or it could be real, and we'll never know and thats really bugging me. :D

thank god i'm not the only, it's annoying me as well. i smelled a work the moment i first saw it, but then get conflicting reports, now i'm hearing it was a work..... damn it like it's oh so confusing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

I may as well use this thread for next week too.
    Apparently.....
    Finlay beats Lashley for the US title and Matt Hardy beats Kennedy. It seems silly to me ending two unbeaten runs on one show. Also Noble beats London with help from Kash. Theres some bull**** contract signing between Henry and Dave and some stupid stuff with Taker and Kahli. Another great Smackdown :rolleyes:

Kennedy wasn't unbeaten though. Eddie bet him in his last televised match. Still disrespecting him in a way

Interesting that Finlay would win the title before the ppv.. Was it a clean pin though? Because I don't think Lashley has been cleanly pinned, but he has been pinned after interference. He might just win the title back at the ppv if that's the case. If Finlay keeps the belt, I wouldn't be surprised if they redid the Eddie/Chyna deal, with the leprechaun winning the belt by accident. Bet Finlay could have a 4 star match with him, at least!

Hang on though....Matt Hardy bet Kennedy?!! Matt "no push" Hardy?! I bet this is another one of those fake SD results spoilers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

Thats what i thought but apparently its true. Didnt Hardy do well in the batle royal last week? Maybe this is the start of his first ever push! Kennedy has been unbeaten since returning, only a few weeks, but still

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

It's probably just so they can have a match at the ppv in which Kennedy beats him in record time or something. Still odd that theyd end his run since coming back to Hardy.

Fozzy wrote:
    Interesting that Finlay would win the title before the ppv.. Was it a clean pin though? Because I don't think Lashley has been cleanly pinned, but he has been pinned after interference.

yeah you're right
    didn't finlay cost lashley his match against JBL, so he isn't unbeaten just never been beaten straight up

Yeah, I remember that. I read that the leprechaun interfered, kind of obviously, so Lashley still hasn't been beaten fairly. Although that doesn't count for anything to me!

Actually..I read recently that they might want to reunite the Hardy Boys. I wouldn't like to see that, but if they did bring Jeff back, they'd have to establish Matt a bit better than they had been doing. Still, I don't see why Jeff would want to return at this stage

EDIT: I just read this:
    WrestleMag has learnt that Smackdown! star Ken Kennedy is in the bad books with WWE management after an incident at last week’s Smackdown! TV tapings.

Sources close to the situation told us that the incident took place after an outburst at last week’s tapings following Kennedy’s match with Super Crazy. Kennedy was said to have been upset with parts of the match, and put the blame entirely on Crazy when they got backstage. The outburst was said to have left a bad feeling in the mouth’s of some of his fellow wrestlers in the locker room as well as with management, with the general opinion being that his behaviour and actions were uncalled for.

Kennedy was in line for a major push on Smackdown! after his return from injury, with some sources suggesting WWE were preparing him for a main event spot. Since returning several weeks ago, Kennedy’s matches on Smackdown! and on the house shows have failed to really impress fans and management alike. It’s still likely he will be pushed up the card at some point, but as things stand now it doesn’t appear that his main event push will be coming any time soon.

Kennedy started working a program with Matt Hardy at this week’s TV

Of course it wasn't Matt doing something good! It was his opponent doing somethin bad! Makes sense now :rolleyes:

chrisyt it really sounds bad doesn't it,
    your punishment is to work a story with matt hardy,what does that say abnout WWEs intentions for him or their thoughts on him. he's really being buried

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Fozzy wrote:
    Actually..I read recently that they might want to reunite the Hardy Boys. I wouldn't like to see that, but if they did bring Jeff back, they'd have to establish Matt a bit better than they had been doing. Still, I don't see why Jeff would want to return at this stage
    I would love to see that
    Jeff
    was my fave wrestler when he was there and I had been hoping they would do something like that.

• Advertisement

Jeff's a horrible wrestler though. But if it could get Matt a bit of tv and storyline time, I wouldn't be too against it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Stop hatting on Jeff. Hes not a great wrestler but he has more entertianment value in the ring then most of the SD locker room

That's true to an extent. But I'd rather see them improve by giving some of the guys they have a better chance, than bringing in someone who I don't think is particularly talented in the ring

Advertisement