Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wireless connection pop-up bubble

Options
  • 07-07-2006 9:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

anyone know how to disable the SO GODDAMN ANNOYING bubble that pops up from the toolbar on windows xp alerting you you've connected to a wireless network. It is wrecking my head...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

To Disable The Notification Area Balloon Tips
    Warning If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then press ENTER.
    2. Navigate to the following subkey:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced
    3. Right-click the right pane, create a new DWORD value, and then name it EnableBalloonTips.
    4. Double-click this new entry, and then give it a hexadecimal value of 0.
    5. Quit Registry Editor. Log off Windows, and then log back on.
    These steps disable all Notification Area balloon tips for this user. There is no way to disable balloon tips for specific programs only.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Puteq

yeah that was annoying for me too, i used a program called 'TweakXP' - http://www.tweakxp.com/

using this program it is easy to switch this off without any manual registry editing, it's as easy as ticking a check-box. its also a cool program for a few other nice little features to play around with as well.

However when i switched it off, i found i missed it for things like when you stop a hardware device, you dont see the message telling you it is now safe to remove it. As Sleipnir said, there is no way to disable balloon tips for specific programs only, and TweakXP is no different in this respect, so i ended up switching it back on again...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Laura Fitz06

hi guys i have 3 tool bars at the top of my screen how do i get rid of two help

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Puteq

hi guys i have 3 tool bars at the top of my screen how do i get rid of two help
    Laura, I suspect the reason you got such a poor response to your question is that you have not given enough information - plus I guess your question is not related to the original post if i am not mistaken, meaning you are going off topic, you might've been better off posting it as a new thread (after searching to see was your question already asked - and answered - by someone else in the past) :)

anyway, now that you're here - top of what screen, what do the bars look like or what is written on them, what program does this happen in? once we know this we may be able to suggest a few things...

Advertisement