Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Morning Ireland] IOFFL Chairman comments on Comreg LLU report

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Presumably this is the same:

http://www.rte.ie/business/2006/0707/mibusiness.html

Are these actual talks, or are they talks about talks about talks?

adam

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Ken Shabby wrote:

They are a multi threaded palimpsest of talks about talks and actual talks which proceed (or not) from the central assumption of the desirability of LLU (or not) and which may variously reach a conclusion of a utiltarian nature (or not) in this century .... or not.

They will most certainly not finish by the 8th of August as Comreg confidently blustered in May but a few threads or threadeens may wind to a happy conclusion around about then.

I hope thats clear Ken.

As crystal clear as a ComReg Quarterly Review, thanks Bob!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Ken Shabby wrote:

These are actual talks and those I've chatted to who have attended them or have representatives at them are happy that these are moving forward in a productive way. They all want more momentum naturally but it seems more is being done now than ever before. ComReg just need to keep pushing along. Judging by the ComReg people who are running these talks, I'm confident they can do it. Though this is because eircom are right now playing ball, if the attitude changes then who knows what may happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

Well done Damien - it is as equally important to recognise positives as it is to hammer on negatives.

I think you gave a fair account on the industry view currently.

• Advertisement

damien.m wrote:
    Though this is because eircom are right now playing ball, if the attitude changes then who knows what may happen.
    I'm afraid I see this as a given Damien. I can understand why you'd want to be positive, I just can't do that any more myself. (I realise I've nearly always taken the negative, but at this stage it's not /nearly/ always, it's just plain /always/.) As far as I'm concerned, they've all been given enough rope to circumnavigate the earth, at this stage it's time to hang them with it. Not just Eircom, the lot of them.

Don't get me wrong, I think ye're doing good work, and I like the fact that ye're being more offensive/attacking. I just don't have the same faith in this kind of crap you do. I don't think they deserve any tbh; I think they deserve a kicking, period.

adam

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Ken Shabby wrote:
    I just don't have the same faith in this kind of crap you do.

I will say that now they bothered to publish the discussion strands into the public domain that Comreg seem to be conducting a useful and reasonably well though out series of relevant process strands.

I am sceptical as to whether there is an overall clean clear automation dimension a la Mobile Number Portability which can be intensively monitored by Comreg , in real time, in the public interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

Pints and hugs for Adam?

I think to be fair to all - only time will tell but at least we are moving in the right direction.

lets see what time brings...

Advertisement