Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lazer card Wrong Reciept

Options
  • 07-07-2006 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭

Went the cinema last night and have just noticed the guy at the dask gave me the piece I signed for my lazer card instead of the other end, can they still process it?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I doubt it, isn't it your signature that approves them taking money from your account???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭dbnavan

Think so, ah well 3 free tickets last night for me so...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I would suggest ringing your bank and asking a general query to make sure tho!! It could actually go to a case of they try to take money out of your account although they have no signature when they are probably not allowed to!!

If its withdrawn, its withdrawn, not like 20 odd euro is going break the bank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Just The One

dbnavan wrote:
    Went the cinema last night and have just noticed the guy at the dask gave me the piece I signed for my lazer card instead of the other end, can they still process it?

Makes no change at all.... whether you sign it or not makes no difference. The money will still go through your account. If you want to be a pain in the backside and make an issue of it you can claim that you never bought those tickets. then there will be a whole investigation and you could be done for fraud... your choice - is it worth it?

• Advertisement

Makes no change at all.... whether you sign it or not makes no difference. The money will still go through your account. If you want to be a pain in the backside and make an issue of it you can claim that you never bought those tickets. then there will be a whole investigation and you could be done for fraud... your choice - is it worth it?

As my post right before yours ^^^....I amnt bothered, just wondered if the can charge it

Actually have to go to the bank now anyway will ask when I am there, and let yous know what they say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You'll be charged all right. As Just The One said, you could contest the charge as they have no proof of you signature. However, if they have CCTV footage of you at the counter then you'd be done for fraud.

Don't worry about it, you'll see the charge to your account in a few days, just make sure it's the right amount.

jor el wrote:
    You'll be charged all right. As Just The One said, you could contest the charge as they have no proof of you signature. However, if they have CCTV footage of you at the counter then you'd be done for fraud.

Don't worry about it, you'll see the charge to your account in a few days, just make sure it's the right amount.
    OK for the third time.....I am not out to fraud anyone it was his mistake not mine.

I just asked in the bank and they said they werent sure, as some machines only query that there is sufficent funds in the account, therefore I will just have to watch my statement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

What about when you book the tickets over the phone and then collect them in the machine at the cinema. No signature given then.

Skyuser wrote:
    What about when you book the tickets over the phone and then collect them in the machine at the cinema. No signature given then.
    true, but I have their copy of the reciept, which they would have even if i phoned

• Advertisement

Just checked account online and it did hit my account

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

Of course you'll be debited.
    What way did you think it worked?

The retailer presents all the signed laser slips at the bank before he can get credit for them????

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Moved from AH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

The retailer presents all the signed laser slips at the bank before he can get credit for them????
    In practice a business does not need the signed slips to get money. But if you dispute it then the business will need to provide proof of signature.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

Bond-007 wrote:
    In practice a business does not need the signed slips to get money.

I know.

I was suggesting that dbnavan thought the above was the procedure.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

@dbnavan - you seem to encounter incompetence in the retail sector wherever you go...

You could always go back to the cinema and swop the receipts....

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It's happened to me many a time with credit card receipts. I've often been returned the part with my signature on it, but the transactions have always gone through.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

It's an automatice system, the card get swipped through the machine and a record is stored on the CC machine until it is batched at the end of the day. At that stage the money is paid to the the retailer and taken from your account.

The reciepts are so that both you and seller (cinema, shop, restuarant etc) both have a record. If the transaction is queried at the stage the seller will require the reciept as proof that you authorised the transaction, it's not a be all & end all situation if they do not have the reciept as someone else pointed out they can use the CCTV to prove you were there and purchased something.

hopefully that will quell any confusion here.

Of course you'll be debited.
    What way did you think it worked?

Relax with the attitude there. I wasnt sure the issue was not the fact they did not have my signature the had no paper record of the transaction, I am fully aware that they dont need my
    signature, but the fact is all they had was a 'customer copy'

Edit**
    If 2 bank clerks & Laser Customer care 'werent sure' if it was going to be an issue, how was I to know what way it worked:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

dbnavan wrote:
    Relax with the attitude there. I wasnt sure the issue was not the fact they did not have my signature the had no paper record of the transaction, I am fully aware that they dont need my
    signature, but the fact is all they had was a 'customer copy'

Edit**
    If 2 bank clerks & Laser Customer care 'werent sure' if it was going to be an issue, how was I to know what way it worked:rolleyes:

In fairness, most people don't need to know how it works, the card gets swiped, they sign or enter the pin and thats that. Dbnavan asked a genuine question, not need to abuse him over it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement