Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What in gods name is killing my machine!?

• 07-07-2006 10:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

hey guys im a bit stumped here.
    I play counterstrike source (fps game) and my 3500+ is only getting me 20 fps. my setup is good enough to get me 99 fps, and it has been for the last while. Using rates, i can control the ammount of bandwith i use to send and recieve data from the server. I have 3 meg NTL Cable, and im only getting 1-3k upload speeds to the server.

I've tried a reinstall of windows 3 times now, my third time i used win2k, i am still getting these problems. I usually upload at an alright speed, so i dont think its my connection. Is there anything i can do to test my hardware? This is getting beyond a joke at this stage, and i am very close to picking my machine up and throwing it against a wall.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

need more details on the setup........

Does the slowdown apply to CSS only?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

but!!! you've got ntl cable shield?!?1/./...???

which type of amd do you have, and what's the graphics card yo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

What sort of graphics card are you using? More then half the time its simply a case of outdated drivers - I've frequently heard of people getting 30fps with the stock drivers on certain cards in CSS and easily tripling that with the latest drivers, as unusual as it sounds, because no-one expects stock drivers, outdated as they might be, to perform THAT badly.

It seemed to be a particularly large problem with the stock drivers on DELL Cards from the Geforce 7 range...although that obviously doesn't apply to you.

Is it solely CS:S thats being affected?

Advertisement