Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Sale scam??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

osullm3 wrote: »
    hi all,,

i'm in the middle of this scam now,,,a guy called adrian lewis in the UK is sending me a bank draft for my Punto on Carzone.ie,,,,he didnt look at the car or even send a mechanic,its just too good to be true,,,,as soon as i have the bank draft i'll go to the guards 1st,,,,,,i have e-mails if anyone wants to see them,

He'll accidentally give you a draft for a few grand more than you agreed. He'll ask you to send him back a bank draft for the difference and a few days later you'll find out the the original bank draft was a fake. He won't even take the car in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

TychoCaine wrote: »
    He'll accidentally give you a draft for a few grand more than you agreed. He'll ask you to send him back a bank draft for the difference and a few days later you'll find out the the original bank draft was a fake. He won't even take the car in the end.

Yeah but you send him one back, a really fake bank draft. One thats been drawn by a 5 year old with crayons should be good enough. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

no, they ask you to send it back via western union, with you thinking ah, western union are an honest bunch who check the ID of people using their services and log everything.

when the reality of it is, you should be suspecious of anyone using western union unless it's your granny.

actually, especially if it's your granny. they can't be trusted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

Re: carsireland.ie ad
    ‏From:Menichetti Philippe (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
    Sent:06 September 2008 12:26:39To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Can you attach me some photos of the documents of the car (scanned )that can show me that you are the legal owner of the car ? If it's possible ofc ,
    if you can show me this , then it will be no problem and this monday i come to buy it , as payment i will pay with money cash if you accept or preferably bankdraft

Thanks for your quick answer and for the pictures attached

hi all i got an email from a chap claiming to be interested in my car,unaware of any suspicious activity i sent him some more photos of my car ,he then sent me the email above and i got suspicious,scam?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Yes, definetly !

and an old thread to boot ...closed

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement