Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ty Trips

Options
  • 07-07-2006 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭

Apparantly my year are going to 'Carlingford Adventure Centre' for our trip (usually the school go to Delphi but not this year:confused: ).Has anyone been there before? Or does anyone have any idea what sports you do there??
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

We're going to Paris, though if we don't wanna there we can go on a student exchange to somewhere in the South of France or to Delfi Adventure Centre, Mayo.

I'm going Paris.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Buttons_sb wrote:
    Apparantly my year are going to 'Carlingford Adventure Centre' for our trip (usually the school go to Delphi but not this year:confused: ).Has anyone been there before? Or does anyone have any idea what sports you do there??
    Cheers.

It's good, you do loads of outdoor games, climbing wall, water sports, football, mountain walking,

It's not Paris :p But it was a decent trip all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Meh, it's alright. There are two different ones though, a smaller and bigger. If you're staying the night (and especially if you're staying multiple nights) I stongly suggest that you bring your own pillow because when I went there it was like they never washed stuff. There was crud and human hair all over the pillows and bedclothes. Me and my roommate spent about 20 mins just finding and laughing at everything wrong with our beds.

The activities are fairly good. Archery is fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Buttons_sb

Right,Cheers!;)

Thanks for the pillow tip,i shall bring a clean one with me and some sheets by the sounds of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

There's loads of Adventure Centres in Ireland.
    I went to Achill 3weeks ago, it was brilliant! We did loadsa water sports. The teachers saw it as a 'bonding experience' for us. Half the year went to Achill, the other half to Delphi.

Some of my friends are currently in Carlingford and Rosstrevor, Co. Down.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭corkarcher

i can't beleive i've never done that archery at an adventure center or anything i'd like to see what I can do if i go back to basics.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

We went to Tanagh. It was good but the facilities were awful and one of the buildings there was collapsing

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

We're going to Poland during the October midterm, and we'll be there for Halloween (cheap booze ¬.¬)

We go on a hike/hostel tri in April for Gaisce, and to Carlingford Adventure Centre in May/June

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 brownbread

Half the year went to Achill, the other half to Delphi.

you wouldnt be in loreto on the green would you?we were in delphi with the other half of your year[which might i mention was amazing]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭BlueSpiral

We went to Tanagh. It was good but the facilities were awful and one of the buildings there was collapsing
    So did we, but it was alot of fun though. We were there for two days and just went completely nuts. At about 4 in the morning, there was a party up in one of the rooms, we snuck into one of our teachers rooms and he was in the corner fast asleep. There were people outside in tents, so we let them in because it was lashing rain.
    Banana boat was the best, but alot of the wetsuits had huge holes in them. Our leader also scared the crap out of us by bringing us to the fairy ring at night. Still loved the trip though.

what school are you in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭skapunkkeith

going to venice and lake garda at easter, should be good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

My class have already been on a trip to Gartan's outdoor centre in what was an over-nighter. Decided not to go though. Next was a trip to the Radisson, as part of our Enterprise class this year, to hear Bill Cullen chat about how he became what he is now - really rich and a big arrogant sh¦te. We've another trip lined up for next Thursday to go watch the Belfast Giants at the Odyssey but unfortunately I didn't know there was a first-come-first-served basis and consequently missed out also due to the fact I wasn't informed / reminded about the trip. :(

Come March we'll be heading down to Dublin for a visit to Mountjoy Prison. Wonder if they'll show us where Oily Bryne's cell was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Apple Gal

We've already gone to Delphi. And half my year are going driving on Monday somewhere really far away but I'm too young too go :(

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Buttons_sb

Well went to Carlingford and it was great craic!

I got back from Poland last night, it was awesome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭rip2roar

going to venice and lake garda at easter, should be good

Ditto

Piste wrote:
    I got back from Poland last night, it was awesome!
    Ooh.. what part? Guy in my class is over there now. I saw on the news that the weather is ****e and there's floods and all..

We were in Krakow which is in the south. The weather was quite nice when we were over there, it only rained one day, and a bit on the last day. When we arrived it was warmer than here but the weather quickly changed, but it mainly stayed dry and a very crisp cold that was nice to be out in if you had coat and gloves and hats and scarves and stuff. What part has the flooding?

Sounds good!
    Can't remember where the flooding was, I just briefly overheard that there was bad flooding in parts of Poland and Germany.

Oh, we weren't very near Germany, we'd be nearer Slovakia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 EoinDM

My year are going to Brussells, in Belgium for 5days to a space station training kinda place. I don't really know what to call it, but you live there and you get to use all the anti gravity machines and different things. It sounds good. We are also going to some adventure place like Delphi, but I can't remember what it's called.

Carlingford adventure centre perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

EoinDM wrote:
    My year are going to Brussells, in Belgium for 5days to a space station training kinda place. I don't really know what to call it, but you live there and you get to use all the anti gravity machines and different things. It sounds good.

holy ****! thats where we're going! tomorrow.. \o/

brownbread wrote:
    you wouldnt be in loreto on the green would you?we were in delphi with the other half of your year[which might i mention was amazing]

ha, yeah I am. You in Oatlands?

Going up North for 3 days to stay with a family, they come down to us in February.

Ooh I did that last year up in Belfast, got to do some Christmas shopping up there and had a girl come down to me in March.

We're going to Venice and Florence for I think about 6 days.

ANTI-lubnip are we? Well I never!

/me harumphs

You also get half a dozen free muffins of your choice if you join now. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 frenchman

yeah were goin to a space centre in belgium and on an exchange to holland.

Advertisement