Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Telecom - bank holiday daytime calls charged as peak!

Options
  • 07-07-2006 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭

Not really a broadband issue, but can't find any boards.ie forum for general telecoms issues!

Finally (after about 2 months +) got my smart broadband, and it's working fine. But was disappointed to find they charge PEAK RATE for daytime calls on bank holidays.

Anyone else notice this? (You can check your online itemised bill) Is it worth checking with ComReg if this is legit?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Formally complain to Smart complaints department first, this sounds wrong and they will refund for it I'd say .

If they do not refund within 10 working days then you may escalate to Comreg .

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭mambo

Smart's customer care person says "At this present time we do not offer an off peak rate for bank holidays." :mad:

mambo wrote:
    Smart's customer care person says "At this present time we do not offer an off peak rate for bank holidays." :mad:

If that is not clearly stated in their T&Cs its not good enough. If it is they have a get out.

Can you look at the T&Cs and tell us what you find ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

Sponge Bob wrote:
    If that is not clearly stated in their T&Cs its not good enough. If it is they have a get out.

Can you look at the T&Cs and tell us what you find ??
    http://www.smarttelecom.ie/residentialrates.php
    Comparisons arebased on peak/off-peak and weekend rates and exclude bank holidays

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

moved to consumer issues....

• Advertisement

Foxwood wrote:
    That misleading . 'whose' bank holidays are excluded and they are excluded from comparisons reading to me as 'A normal Monday rate' for the sake of comparison .

Were it straightforward Smart should say they have a weekend rate but that bank holidays are charged on a day of week basis (M-F) or (S-S)

Have they a PUBLIC holiday rate and what happens there??

Well, there isn't officially any such thing as a "bank holiday" is there, only public holidays (listed at http://oasis.gov.ie/employment/holidays_and_leave/annual_leave_public_holidays.html ) , which is kind of what I meant. :)

Anyway, I'm checking with them if ANY public holidays have weekend/off-peak rate calls.

They can hardly be so Scrooge-like as to charge full rate on Christmas Day?!?! :confused:

Smart says:

"No, they are no reduced rate for public holidays."

which I take to mean:

"No, there is no reduced rate for public holidays."

So there. Bah humbug!

Advertisement