Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swiming Pool that has a baby session ?

Options
  • 07-07-2006 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭

Hi All - was going to post in parenting but is a regional Q. for Limerick more than anything......

Anyone know if any of the pools in or within reasonable access of Limerick city and county has a baby hour/caters for babies - etc. etc.

Or if you have brought your baby to a local pool could you please let me know how it went re. baby friendlyness, facilities, pool depth etc. etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭RPGGAMER

UL Pool:

061-213519

i think their website is www.universityarena.com

my sister goes there w/son and likes it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Grove Island has 2 kids pools, 1 shallow, the other deeper.

It also has a fountain in the shallower pool, which our kids love.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Thanks for your replies folks - Grove Island sounds cool - heard from a girl at work that her daughter swam loads in a [warm] pool abroad and was traumatised out of it by ULs icy, icy pool - won't swim anywhere since!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Inge Binge

spoiled brat!
    :D;)

IB

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭flashcash5

Raiser wrote:
    Thanks for your replies folks - Grove Island sounds cool - heard from a girl at work that her daughter swam loads in a [warm] pool abroad and was traumatised out of it by ULs icy, icy pool - won't swim anywhere since!

Yea mightn't be as warm for a baby in UL but if you go yourself you can see for yourself - it's not that bad.
    The reason the temperature isn't that warm is because of the sporting activities that go on in there. For example, competitive swimmers would burn up in training/galas if it was as warm as some places..

• Advertisement
Advertisement