Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia 6234 €189 RTG

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Looks pretty ugly though in my opinion! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

black one looks alot better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

That's a horrible looking brick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Not a bad price that!

"This handset is a special Vodafone-only customized model equipped with an exclusive design and Vodafone software customisation. All too often, we are forced to sacrifice our favourite entertainment qualities in a phone in order to survive in the business world. Equally, many are also forced to struggle in the workplace in order have a comfortable, stylish, and user-friendly phone with them. The new Nokia 6234 provides the perfect balance of business and pleasure - in a sleek, attractive design."

I fail to see how they can push the Vodafone case and software branding as special features though ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭mobileplaza

we got a demo model in today, i quite like the look of the phone.

• Advertisement

It's a nice phone, saw it when I was away ... the green/red buttons are very small though if I remember correctly ?

Anyone having Bluetooth issues with this phone connected to a PC?

Also, any way to harness the full 3G speeds - when connected via Bluetooth to my PC I want to use it to connect to the web (yes, I'm aware of the costs!). Windows is only reading it as 115.2kbps :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

I was actualy considering buying this one.... On the nokia site it looks good. But then I used one.... They've gone and put that generic ****ty vodafone software that they put on everything else...sagem,motorolla Sony Ericcson et all!

Whats the ****ing point in forking out hundreds on a new nokia. If the stupid operator makes it look, feel & work exactly the same way as a ****t €5 sagem!

Yeah spank ... the reasons I will never go with Vodafone for my main phone - phone branding & custom software.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Got this phone the other day but won't be keeping it. MobileTV quality is terrible. Sound quality is awful (by that I mean that you can barely hear the person on the other line). Phone's internal memory is too small so everything moves quite slowly. No camera on the front...this should be a prerequisite for all 3G phones. Also doesn't work at all with some parts of Nokia's PC Suite. (Installations for one) I don't mind the appearance of the phone and if you really want you can strip it of all its vodafone software. I was getting used to it until I realised just how poor the sound is when taking a call. Stay away from this, it's the price it is for a reason - it's a half arsed effort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Sapele

I got this phone on a €59 upgrade and I like it. The persons voice at the other end of the line isn't as loud as my last phone but with the volume up full it's not a problem for me. (so far but I haven’t taken a call in a pub yet) The phone's appearance is nicer in your hand than onscreen and overall I'm happy with the radio, display and good buttons for texting fast. The red and green buttons are tiny so if you have long nails it may be a problem!

Now, is it possible to have this flashed to non-Vodafone branded software in a Nokia centre? Or is there *only* Vodafone software available with it being exclusive to them and the 6233 being (the exact same phone) for other providers and generic simfree?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

ciaranfo wrote:
    I fail to see how they can push the Vodafone case and software branding as special features though ....

Exclusive so... :rolleyes:

Advertisement