Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ashleyne & Nikki....

Options
  • 07-07-2006 1:02pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭

were both groomed by agencies prior to entering the house and aparently didn't even que up for an audition as one was set up for them.. Heard that on 98fm this morning while queing for my breakie roll in Spar.. And now the people who lined up for days to get on and didn't are now up in arms about it...

Just a little snippet of goss there for ya :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

xzanti wrote:
    were both groomed by agencies prior to entering the house and aparently didn't even que up for an audition as one was set up for them.. Heard that on 98fm this morning while queing for my breakie roll in Spar.. And now the people who lined up for days to get on and didn't are now up in arms about it...

Saw that coming a mile off! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

i don't really care. as long as nikki keeps me laughing, i couldn't care less how she got in. car crash tv at its best.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Strokesfan

Yea I was thinking the last night that all the people that get in seem to be really really fame hungry and have been chasing the "dream" down every avenue they can think of before BB picks them. Like Ashleyne's modelling, Grace on other TV shows and Spoirals attempts to audition for a boyband! It seems BB is just a vehicle used by agencies for their desparado clients now. Nikki, Pete and Glyn are funny but BB is getting boring lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

funny I thought this thread was about something else...

They just had Nikki and Ash arm in arm and it was clear from nikkis expression she was hoping that Ash played for the other team as it were. :)

Think Ash said "I can't be a fake lez, sorry". Or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

julep wrote:
    i don't really care. as long as nikki keeps me laughing, i couldn't care less how she got in. car crash tv at its best.

But "it's my bed". That was gas the other night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

But why would they pick Ashleyne? Her face is sooooooo wrecked!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭robnubis

Its not that bad jesus, its just the fact that she'll walk around with her "mornign face" all day, and not put on make up or comb her hair ffs!!

she's ****in gorgous when she is done up, and she's got a wicked body.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

xzanti wrote:

To be fair, no agency got aislyne into big brother. It was dawn being kicked out for rulebreaking that got her in.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

robnubis wrote:
    Its not that bad jesus, its just the fact that she'll walk around with her "mornign face" all day, and not put on make up or comb her hair ffs!!

she's ****in gorgous when she is done up, and she's got a wicked body.

she is completely wrecked end of.any one who finds her cellulite ass in a thong and ghetto speak hot is blind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

The same thing happened with Makosi last year, if ye remember. There were allegations in the newspapers that she had been signed onto Big Brother through an acting/modelling agency.

The reality is more that the sort of people who apply for Big Brother these days are very, very different to the sorts of people who applied in series 1 & 2. These days, the majority of people who apply do so as they have aspirations of fame. So, logically, the sort of people who apply now who have a deep seated desire to be famous, will more than likely have registered with some sort of agency before going on Big Brother.

There were all sorts of shenanigans too regarding Sezer and Pete, as they were both chaperones on Big Brother 5 (Sezer was Jason Cowans chaperone, Pete was Vanessa Nimmos). Also, Maxwell from BB6 was a stand-in for BB5. Allegedly, Imogen was a stand-in for BB6.

Sezer, Pete and Imogen still all applied for BB7 in the usual way. Its more a case that they weren't suited for past series of Big Brother, where producers were trying to create a "cast" of characters.

Sezer would've vyed for the alpha male role with Victor from BB5, and Victor was chosen probably above him.

Pete wouldn't really have had a role to play in BB5 - BB5 was cast as "Evil Big Brother" and he just isn't a gameplayer and manipulator that would've fitted in with that sort of group of housemates. Also, BB5 was (IMO) engineered so that Nadias personal triumph over adversity story would shine through. Throwing someone like Pete in (with his Tourettes, history of drug abuse and being bullied) would have created a situation whereas the public would have been confused as to who to feel most sorry for. Big Brother, (IMO) has the winner picked from the outset. Craig - bb1 - donating all that money to charity. Up until the big Nasty Nick showdown, he was a frightful bore and the general consensus with the public was that he should be evicted at the earliest opportunity. Are we really supposed to believe that he was the only housemate that confronted Nasty Nick? They all did, but clever editing made sure it looked like Craig was the hero. Brian - BB 2 - Young gay man, coming to terms with his sexuality in front of the whole nation (he had only come out to his parents mere days before entering the BB house). Of course, Brian was a funny, funny guy, which helped with the positive perception of him outside, but again, engineered. BB3 - Kate - first girl to win. Most likeable "geezerbird" type, so that she'd appeal to both men and women. BB4 - Cameron. The "nice guy done good". BB5 - Nadias transformation. BB6 - Anthony Hutton - the only normal person in a house full of loons.

Imogen probably wasn't cast for BB6 as an original housemate as there were already too many people like her - pretty girls with not much going on upstairs (Orlaith, Saskia, Sam).

Sometimes the producers get it wrong. Remember Sunita from BB3? That was very much the "house of fun", where housemates were plied with alcohol almost constantly by Big Brother. She walked, as she didn't fit the profile.
    Sandy walked that year too... he was a lot older than his fellow housemates, couldn't plug into the "scheme" Big Brother had for the house.

Big Brother is the king of Reality TV, but its not reality. We're being shaped and moulded to make sure we vote for the person they want to win.

Thats why I am so annoyed at this constant Pete worship that goes on this year. He does NOTHING. He is boring, has no spine. Nikki should win, for being the most entertaining housemate by a country mile. Sure, she's annoying as hell, and we'd all hate to live with her, but imagine that house without her?

Dullsville.

• Advertisement
Advertisement