Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you find you game info

Options
  • 07-07-2006 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what are the best links to search for game types, find reviews, patchs, updates... and the like.

I know of only a few:
    http://www.eurogamer.net/
    http://videogames.yahoo.com/

But there is no real search facility to find the best game in a particular genre, do you's know of any other ones I can add to my favourites?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Tchocky

GameRankings - They rate other site's reviews, very useful site

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

I use Metacritic for reviews.

And Gamefaqs for cheats, walkthroughs and the like

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

usually get my game info from newsgroup .nfo 's ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

GameSpot for me. It's not brilliant, but it covers all the bases and i've never really had a problem with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Fibbers Games

Gamespot for me too. It thinks its great...but its harsh on those games and thats what I like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Eurogamer usually has the best-written reviews and articles in my opinion, then Metacritic when I want to look up a specific game, and then Joystiq is often good for finding out random news and rumours too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

ok but say i wanted to get a list of all the RTS's released in the last 5 years, have them categorised by popularity, reviews or content. Does such a site exist where I can find these. There are so many games that pass under the radar that are excellent, that I usually only hear about by word of mouth. There are sites for movies and music, but there doesn't seem to be one for games. Like IMDB but for games.

Advertisement