Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless connectivity problems with Dell laptop

• 07-07-2006 1:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 130 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a Dell Latitude laptop with build in wireless card/chip. I have set up a Netgear wireless router at home. The signal strength from this is very strong all over the house, and when I start up the laptop, it connects straight away to the wireless broadband.
    If the wireless connection drops, however, and is disconnected, I then have problems reconnecting to it. Sometimes it reconnects again, but most of the time it won't and displays the message 'Unable to connect'. I have tried everything when this happens from disabling wireless and reenabling it, deleteing my wireless profile and recreating it, but I still get the message 'Unable to connect'. Then if I reboot the laptop it connects fine when I start it up again!

So basically most of the time if the wireless connection drops, I have to reboot the laptop before being able to reconnect to it which is a real pain!

Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers,
    IrishFeller

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭kevodaly

Check if your wireless zero configuration service is started

click on start, run and type in - "%systemroot%\system32\services.msc /s"

double click wireless zero configuration, set the startup type to automatic, and in service status click on start, then apply and ok.

if the service was already started then i'm not sure what else to try.

Kevin

I've got an Inspiron 6000 with an Intel wireless LAN card and was having problems with the connection dropping off. The solution was to disable power management on the card.
    If its an Intel card you can do this by right-clicking My Computer, going to Properties, click the Hardware tab and then the Device Manager button. Expand Network Adapters and double click on whatever the wireless LAN card is. Now click the Advanced tab, and you should see "Power Management" on the left. Uncheck the Automatic box on the right and drag the slider all the way towards "Highest Performance". Now click OK and close out of everything. Reboot and see if things work.

Other than that it could be a firmware problem in the router or a driver problem on your laptop.

Advertisement