Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Tv Tuner Card? - Analogue Signal + MCE 2005

• 07-07-2006 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi,

I need recommedations for a good TV tuner card for use with MCE 2005 desktop and a crappy analogue signal (RF connection) i.e. RTE, BBC, UTV (the usual free channels).

I cannot find any relevant info, most people are using Sky, NTL etc. anybody out there using there tuner card with the free stuff?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 snipe3000

Bump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭demac

Check out http://www.hauppauge.com

They have a few models that are compatible with MCE. Their 500 has a dual tuner so you can watch one channel while recoring on another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

I used the Hauppauge USB analogue one (PVR-USB2.0 or summat like that) for a while after moving house, before I got a new TV. Was feeding it NTL analogue, but was very impressed with the quality. Don't know about the MCE side though.

I did have an AverMedia one first, but the quality was rubbish so I brought it back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

A Hauppauge PCI tuner card is the way to go.
    I have use the USB and the PCI and there is a very big difference in picture quality with the PCI compared to the USB (better PQ that is)

Have a good look here
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/kl.asp?bn=10419

• Registered Users Posts: 35 snipe3000

Has anybody tried terrestial signals (Aerial over house) using the RF connector with there TV cards

• Advertisement
Advertisement