Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charlesland Pk: Backgarden gradient & Steps

Options
  • 07-07-2006 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭

We're moving from the Grove to the Park to a 3 bed mid-terrace. As part of the contract Durkan are saying that we will have a gradient in our back garden (despite Hooke & McDonald assuring us that the back barden would be level). They say it won't be any steeper than a 1 in 10 (or 10 in 1 can't remember) gradient.

What, in god's name does that mean? Are we talking ski slope or gentle incline? As they're putting a back shed in i assume that it's not that steep. can anyone enlighten me?

There will be steps up to the house but they also can't tell me what the front is going to look like. Anyone got any info on this ie will it be brick from thebottom up or will it be finished like the duplexes with the cream render?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

go and have a look? - have they started it yet?

1 in 10 means it goes up 1 foot for every 10 feet across. so if the garden is 40 feet long the back of it will be 4 feet higher than the front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭anniec

Update on the back row of houses

Just to let you know I had a look at the Berlin wall on Thursday evening and they are beginning to install the Steps up to back row houses.

A

Advertisement