Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cheap insurance and car

Options
  • 07-07-2006 2:23pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭

hey all, wondering if anyone could give me any advice on what cars would give me the cheapest quotes.

im thinkin of something like a corsa or 106, 1 or 1.2 litre.

i have 2 years no claims bonus so thatll help.

just wondering if anyone knows off the top of their head any really good cars insurance wise?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

smaller engine the better, depends on your age, and ultimately your sex.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,245 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

The 106 is quite cheap to insure.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

yeah i was thinkin of them but ill be driving up and down to carlow and dublin so im not sure if a 1 litre could cope. i was also thinkin of maybe a 1.8 diesel

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

Also depends on Cover of insurance
    i.e. Comprehensive/Third party/ Third Party+ Fire/Theft

If Comprehensive or TPFT then the age of the car would matter (older cheaper) as it depends on the value of your car.

Generally Diesel Cars fall in a group or two lower than their petrol cousins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

WWW.123.IE give fixed quotes of 900 for a full license and 1390 for a provisional license for nearly any car.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

WWW.123.IE give fixed quotes of 900 for a full license and 1390 for a provisional license for nearly any car.
    where are you getting that from, i tried there and got 3,000 for a 1.1 valued @ €1000:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

KamiKazi wrote:
    yeah i was thinkin of them but ill be driving up and down to carlow and dublin so im not sure if a 1 litre could cope. i was also thinkin of maybe a 1.8 diesel

most 106s have a 1.1 (1124c) engine... drive mine from waterford->west cork a few times a week without a problem....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

KamiKazi wrote:
    where are you getting that from, i tried there and got 3,000 for a 1.1 valued @ €1000:confused:

Oh yeah I forgot you have to be 25.

Advertisement