Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will it? Wont it?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

What a chilly night last night was with temps falling to 9.9c.
    Still chilly out there at the mo in the breeze.

min was 8.1c here out in the sticks at 457am

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Hello EM, Snowbie

Yep was a cool night, the air at the moment is inherently cold. Only for the fact that its wall to wall sunshine today are the temperatures getting into the twenties. It going to get warmer and warmer from now on.

Next week is not going to be warm, it will be hot with temperatures in the high twenties and possibly reaching 30, maybe 31C.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn1441.png

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn1082.png :D

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn13217.png

An increasing risk of thundery weather toward the end of next week. Not humid for the next couple of days but from Monday onward humidity will increase alot.

darkman2 wrote:
    Hello EM, Snowbie

Yep was a cool night, the air at the moment is inherently cold. Only for the fact that its wall to wall sunshine today are the temperatures getting into the twenties. It going to get warmer and warmer from now on.

Next week is not going to be warm, it will be hot with temperatures in the high twenties and possibly reaching 30, maybe 31C.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn1441.png

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn1082.png :D

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn13217.png

An increasing risk of thundery weather toward the end of next week. Not humid for the next couple of days but from Monday onward humidity will increase alot.
    Hiya Dm
    Signs are now there for an increasingly warm week next week.Uncertain on how humid its going to get,it will still be avg if coming from central enough source ie:Central Europe.
    If wind becomes a more potent se or s flow well then an increase risk in high humidity and maybe more home grown storms around wedensday or thursday,but still a long way off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

• Advertisement

Fantastic out theretemp 18.6c with clear skies with few whipps of cirrus but the humidity is low at 64%.Proper heat being felt from the sun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

That 9 day panel looks good as the hottest weather would appear to be already here. I like it a little cooler to be honest.

Mike.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Its meant to be hotest here on Monday I think, atm its 23C here

Hi, glorious day out there today. Warm and sunny for all.

The real heat will arrive from Monday onward when temperatures will be getting into the high twenties widely and possibly hitting the 30C mark. It will also turn increasingly humid with Thunderstorms likely after midweek:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

right now there is a huge difference across the country, its 17C in Dublin and 26C in the West... quite a difference, is Dublin likely to get proper warm weather later on like the rest of the country?

• Advertisement

Gonzo wrote:
    right now there is a huge difference across the country, its 17C in Dublin and 26C in the West... quite a difference, is Dublin likely to get proper warm weather later on like the rest of the country?

Hi Gonzo, Dublin will get heat, eventually low twenties, maybe mid twenties but the west is best because the East has the on-shore wind. The on-shore wind is likely to continue so highest temperatures always in the midlands and west. I was in Cavan today and the difference is stark. Its really warm inland but its much cooler here. The humidity will gradually rise so that will make it feel warmer. However maybe more cloud at times, particularly further west. May restrict temperatures a bit but the high twenties looks likely there Monday onward through to Friday. May be thunderstorms later too:)

Will Birr be the hottest place: http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?world=0208 30C is possible especially on Tuesday and Wednesday but I think definatley we will see the highest temperatures of the year so far at some stage next week.

Birr or Kilkenny depending on the strength of that wind.

Its managing 20.2c here already today at noon despite a 7mph Easterly sea breeze.

I see Valentia is already over 24c

Its meant to last like this till next friday I think before cooling down and not getting that cool either and maybe a return to very warm conditions again the week after this one. With the end of July all of August and most of September still to go were really only half way thru the summer and already have had plenty of good weather, could this be one of the best summers we've had in years?

At this stage its probarbly already the best summer for a decade. I dont mind if it lasts till Thursday and we get a good storm to finish:D

Earthman wrote:
    I see Valentia is already over 24c

Dublin Airport is at 23C, MUCH warmer then yesterday EM (which was 18C). Met Eireann going for 'over 30C' midweek inland:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

1995, 2003 are the best summers I can remember. This year is competing with 03, but no where near 95.

A marked difference in yesterday temps alright.Highest value i got was 18.4c yesterday and it peaked here at 22.6c at 12:01.
    Hum 63%.

I dont see DUB airport getting too much higher though as a sea breeze is getting up now and its already reached as far inland as casement (west there an hour ago but now SE)
    Casement has dropped 1c already,it was 24c

Here on a hill looking out to the coast,we can get a strong tempering sea breeze-currently its a refreshing 12mph.
    Temp is still rising though and might get to 22c before leveling or dropping.

Eastern coastal spots only get hot when the wind is offshore usuall at the end of a hot spell when something else like an approaching system causes the wind to veer s or sw or W and when its still sunny.

That might well happen on thursday as thundery troughs move up,if it remains sunny.

• Advertisement

Danno wrote:
    1995, 2003 are the best summers I can remember. This year is competing with 03, but no where near 95.
    I think you need to add the word YET...

As certainly '95's warmest month was August and it had only really got going in mid july. '03 was similar.

Temps on the coast will be at there highest during mid morning or midday before the sea breeze kicks in and then slowly levels off.
    This is because the land heats up quicker than the sea and air moves from a cool to a warm place IE:sea breeze.
    The opposite is at night when the land cools quicker than the sea which leads to an off shore breeze.
    Sometimes the coast will get a late surge in temp due to the fact the warm land,from inland will be experienced in the evening because of the offshore effect.
    All of this is true if you dont have a predominant wind direction blowing and usually happen in calm conditions to really get the effects of the two above.

Casement is at 26C at 14:00, thats pretty good. Dublin Airport is 23C still.:)

casement seems to be unavailable now but the 3pm from DUB has leveled out at 22c

24.5 here according to my car, not sure where the sensor is though!

95 was a stinker and I'll be very happy if we don't have a re-run. This is as warm as I can cope with, luckily the humidity levels are modest.

Mike.

Kilkenny - 27C at 16:00 - Casement - 26C - Dublin Airport 23C. It does feel cooler here on the coast now:rolleyes:

mike65 wrote:
    24.5 here according to my car, not sure where the sensor is though!

95 was a stinker and I'll be very happy if we don't have a re-run. This is as warm as I can cope with, luckily the humidity levels are modest.

Mike.

hehehe not for long;)

Oh great! :(

Mike.

Temp here leveled at 22.2c for almost 3 hours now falling back to 21.7c and that is even with a seabrezze.Probably over 24c tomorrrow with breeze.Phew!!
    Humidity is at 50% and any higher it will be opressive.The only way is up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Today got to within 0.1C of my all time station high of 26.7C. Recording since 1999.
    Max yesterday was only 18.6C

Had 5.3C overnight giving a diurnal range of 21.3C smashing previous station record of 18.3C. Not quite coldest July night on record. That's 5.1C.

Advertisement