Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will it? Wont it?

Options
13»

Comments

Fair difference between you and me mothman 15 miles up the road from me.

I'm only getting my max now and thats 22.8c,it doesnt even equal the max this year from a few weeks ago.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Casement is at 27C at 18:00. Not bad, not bad at all. Should top it tomorrow.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

I got up to 24c at around 2pm then we went down to 21.5c and now
    were back up to 22.5c.

Im expecting an extra 2 degrees on that maxima tomorrow;)

The atmosphere is truly warm now unlike last nite so tomorrow will
    heat up much quicker and i think it will be a scorcher not to
    mention Tuesday and Wednesdays scorcherness!!

I got up to 24c at around 2pm then we went down to 21.5c and now
    were back up to 22.5c.

Im expecting an extra 2 degrees on that maxima tomorrow;)

The atmosphere is truly warm now unlike last nite so tomorrow will
    heat up much quicker and i think it will be a scorcher not to
    mention Tuesday and Wednesdays scorcherness!!

I agree, add in the increasing humidity and it could get fairly uncomfortable inland. Looking good for some storms imported from Biscay too. A great 3 or 4 days to come:D

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Strasser

Just wondering how do you guys go about recording a maximum temp, do you have screens etc. Its easy in winter to get a reasonable accurate minimum but as for summer maximums I can't seem to find anywhere in the garden that doesn't get at least 15 mins direct sunshine at some stage thus screwing any accurate maximum reading.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Strasser wrote:
    Just wondering how do you guys go about recording a maximum temp, do you have screens etc. Its easy in winter to get a reasonable accurate minimum but as for summer maximums I can't seem to find anywhere in the garden that doesn't get at least 15 mins direct sunshine at some stage thus screwing any accurate maximum reading.

You have to shelter the thermometer in a stevenson screen or radiation sheild at 4 foot off the ground as direct sunshine will make it feel much warmer than it accually is.
    A simple method is to make a shelter out of something thats white(nothing special) and fix the thermometer to it away from direct sunshine because white reflects heat.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

at 5pm my friends thermonitor was reading 38C so I guess its abit off track:)

25C was prolly more accurate

Thats 100F + ,tell your mate to take it out of the sunshine.
    I had two simple thermometers donkey years ago and tried one in sun and one in the shelter.
    Sheltered one was 22c while the one exposed was 34c.Spot the difference.
    34c is like the heat you feel stepping off the plane in spain in the afternoon,you know the heat that burns your eyes out nearly.

Snowbie wrote:
    Thats 100F + ,tell your mate to take it out of the sunshine.
    I had two simple thermometers donkey years ago and tried one in sun and one in the shelter.
    Sheltered one was 22c while the one exposed was 34c.Spot the difference.
    34c is like the heat you feel stepping off the plane in spain in the afternoon,you know the heat that burns your eyes out nearly.

Here is the ECM for Wednesday. Thundery low there I reckon and hot isotherm:rolleyes:

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/ecmwf/run/ECM1-72.GIF

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/ecmwf/run/ECM0-72.GIF

I agree DM,what it doesnt show you is the the front been projected across the country,seen this before a long time ago in the 80s when the advancing front had CBs north to south heading for the dublin area and it was clear blue skies above me.Pretty spectacular photogenic moment as i said it was way back in the 80s when digital cameras where a distant technological breakthrough,ah well maybe Thursday.

• Advertisement

Well it did Darkman,accually the models were very accurate from last week to predict this weeks outcome of this heat and sunshine.:)
    Now will it produce the storms? as the breakdown will occur Wedensday night onwards.

Snowbie wrote:
    Well it did Darkman,accually the models were very accurate from last week to predict this weeks outcome of this heat and sunshine.:)
    Now will it produce the storms? as the breakdown will occur Wedensday night onwards.

Big storms I reckon:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Beeb have limerick at 32 for today. Makes me not miss nevada anymore, not that I have ever been there of course.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Clones 27C today at 10am according to met eireann website.

Gonzo wrote:
    Clones 27C today at 10am according to met eireann website.

I think thats UTC so 11:00 I think though I could be wrong:rolleyes:

Advertisement