Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI CC rates +1%

Options
  • 07-07-2006 2:33pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

WTF are they at? Is there no limit to their greed? Do they not realise that there's a tipping point beyond which people will just leave?

(I'm going limited shortly myself, and dumping them. It's just a pity the alternatives aren't much better.)

adam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

Did you question the rate? I'm with BoI and only got a better deal from then when I pushed.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

With the links of BOS's "Plastic" card, you would think they would be trying to pull the rate down further!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

BuffyBot wrote:
    With the links of BOS's "Plastic" card, you would think they would be trying to pull the rate down further!
    Exactly!

jayok, this doesn't affect me, I have a BOI Business Card that's cleared automatically every month, I just noticed a (small) announcement by BOI in the paper.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

Fair enough - we're the same for CC's actually the amount is debited each month. However, I know with other lending personal and business I was able to get much better rates after telling them I was moving... just advising no harm to ask.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

People should certainly ask, but given BOI's behaviour and shameless greed, I think they'd be better off simply taking their business elsewhere.

I wonder if BOI notified their customers by mail, or did they hope people might miss this tiny ad while they were on holidays

adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

The 1% rise is only on cash advances, not purchases for most cards.
    There was a .6% rise for purchases plus a 1.6% rise on cash advances
    on gold advantage cards.

They haven't sent out letters to date, and I wouldn't have noticed if you'd not posted this thread.

I think it's time I gave them a call, I've been thinking of changing card for ages anyway.

Advertisement