Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steel Garden Sheds

Options
  • 07-07-2006 3:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭

I've dropped my plans to build a garage onto my house as I was being quoted 30,000 for the work. I've checked out some steel garden sheds in the 16 x 12 range and upwards and they appear to be more reasonable in price. However, I'm worried about the security aspect of these sheds as I will be storing a ride on mower, bikes, tools etc in it.

Has anyone bought one of these, are they secure and can you recommend a supplier in the Dublin/Kildare area.

Finally, do these sheds require a concrete base/hard core base or do they come with floors?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭11.3 SECONDS

I think that you have to supply your own base and attach the garage to it.

Be careful about how you go about this so as not to get caught for planning permission.

Years ago we got a wooden framed garden shed / garage with concrete side panels and nailed it to the tarmac drive. Courtesy of a nice neighbour we got a visit from the local planning department. They took one look inside and accepted that no PP was required as it was a temporary structure. Apparently, if we had concreted it to the ground we might have had PP trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Floor area is limited to 25m2 and not more than 4m in height for tiled or slated roofs(3m for other types)
    It must not project past the building line of the house and it must match the finish of the house.
    For more info the DOE has a booklet called Doing work around the house. PL5

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Clane (Kildare) Garden Sheds do a very range of steel sheds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

A friend of mine has a clane shed and he stores his ride on and tools in it. It has a concrete floor. C and S sheds in tullamore seem the cheapest but looking at their site they look a bit flimsy and do not have many vertical supports

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Clane (Kildare) Garden Sheds do a very range of steel sheds.
    I pass that place every day and they have some nice sheds there...I'm thinking about getting one myself next year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Folks got one recenlty.
    It is a top job, and very secure.

Advertisement