Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New User Cant Post

Options
  • 07-07-2006 3:46pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have a relative who is not very computer literate,she has got here first computer and I recommended Boards to her.She is new to the big bad world of the world wide web and was having trouble singing up to Boards,we were talking on Yahoo and I said I would log out and complete the process for her.

Now according to her she has an account but cannot post,I suspect this maybe because two accounts cannot be made from the one IP address but I could be wrong.Is there anything that can be done for her...?

This is her Laura Fitz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Her account hasn't been validated yet. She needs to check her email and click on the newest email from boards (her yahoo.co.uk mail) and confirm her account.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Gordon wrote:
    Her account hasn't been validated yet. She needs to check her email and click on the newest email from boards (her yahoo.co.uk mail) and confirm her account.

Thanks,I will let her know.I hate it when older members of my family ask for help about the Net,its just not worth the hassle.

Careful, she'll be reading this soon...

Know how you feel though, my Mum has recently joined my message board and it's complicated to even understand what she means let alone explain how to do something.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Gordon wrote:
    Careful, she'll be reading this soon..

At the rate she is going it will take her 5/6 years to find the Help Desk forum.

:d

• Advertisement
Advertisement