Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

complaint

Options
  • 07-07-2006 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭

why wont it let me view peoples public profiles (including my own). when i click on "view other posts by this user" it wont allow me!!! it used to let me do it no problem???

whats the story??
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Because it's been switched off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

Gordon wrote:
    Because it's been switched off.
    How bizzare!
    Is that for everyone?

How bizzare!
    Is that for everyone?
    No apparently not. I'm not too sure on this but I think it may have something to do with postcount and length of time on boards. Newbies don't seem to be able to do a userpost search.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

great now i know i'm not a newbie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Gordon wrote:
    No apparently not. I'm not too sure on this but I think it may have something to do with postcount and length of time on boards. Newbies don't seem to be able to do a userpost search.
    I can though, and i've been here less time than kittenkiller, and have a lower post count.

[edit] @6th, you can search because you're a subscriber.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Gordon wrote:
    I'm not too sure on this but I think it may have something to do with postcount and length of time on boards.
    Lies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭garred

Gordon wrote:
    I've had this prob the last couple of weeks too. I was going to put a thread on help desk but saw one there. They were saying it was cause search is down. Would that be right eventhough it works for others?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Gordon wrote:

thought search was hamstringed in general except for admins/*mods + possibly subscribers. Due to speed reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I love the search function. :)

Anyway us mods need it to make decisions sometimes.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Sparky-s wrote:
    I love the search function. :)

Anyway us mods need it to make decisions sometimes.
    Decisions with sexy results!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

6th wrote:

your join date says otherwise, and i have yet to see you say anything sensible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

6th wrote:

Seriously, why am I seeing you everywhere I go? Do you feel you must get involved in everything?

fade2black wrote:
    Seriously, why am I seeing you everywhere I go? Do you feel you must get involved in everything?

i was thinking the exact same thing

Hobbes wrote:
    thought search was hamstringed in general except for admins/*mods + possibly subscribers. Due to speed reasons.
    That's what I thought but then when I told people that on an Afterhours thread many people (non mods, non subscribers) said that it works for them. And it seemed to be people with at least 1000 posts and a good few months on boards behind them. So due to that I have no idea what's going on. In general like...

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

fade2black wrote:

Ignore him and he may well go away. Remember a couple of years back, Shrimp was the very same as him and he eventually got the message and now only posts when he actually has some imput to give.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

Only subscribers/mods/hmods may use any search functions

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Aquos76 wrote:
    Shrimp ... now only posts when he actually has some imput to give.

ah HA HA HA HA HA HA HA ...

HA HA HA HA HA ...

right, enough of that...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

6th wrote:
    fade2black wrote:
    i was thinking the exact same thing

says the man with 15,500+ posts. :)

anyway, the search works fine for me. 2,000 odd posts and a couple of years here. this might have something to do with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

julep wrote:

anyway, the search works fine for me. 2,000 odd posts and a couple of years here. this might have something to do with it.

Trolls really do come in all shapes and sizes don't they.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭garred

So is it down to post count?

• Advertisement

I think it was a temporary glitch tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

garred wrote:
    Nah.
    It's all a clever plot to get people to subscribe. ;)

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

garred wrote:

Nope. I would say more of a glitch. I had the search feature working up to yesterday I think. I also have over 2000 posts and on here a couple of years.

So I guess, if you want to continue searching, you will have to subscribe or try and get a mods job.

julep wrote:

says the man who used to work night shift for 4 years and got the vast majority of those posts in during those years, and who has been here since day squat...

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭sturgo

Let me add my weight to this complaint. The lack of the "my posts" option sucks. Whoever is responsible for taking it down, please put it back up. It's what the people want!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

your join date says otherwise, and i have yet to see you say anything sensible.

Owned. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

says the man who used to work night shift for 4 years and got the vast majority of those posts in during those years
    "Can I just put ye on hold? I've got a muppet here flaming me... I'll be back to ye in 2 minutes." :D

sturgo wrote:
    Let me add my weight to this complaint. The lack of the "my posts" option sucks. Whoever is responsible for taking it down, please put it back up. It's what the people want!
    People also don't want an extremely slow boards.

So how do you propose we handle this sturgo, do we enable it and slow down boards or disable it and speed boards up?

What do you prefer?

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Option C: sturgo buys more servers and bandwidth for boards.ie! \o/

• Advertisement

"Can I just put ye on hold? I've got a muppet here flaming me... I'll be back to ye in 2 minutes." :D

it wasnt even that high up the work force ladder.
    12 hour shift factory worker button pressing.....

makes for an awful lot of posts.

Advertisement