Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Orton violates wellness program

• 07-07-2006 4:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

From The Wrestling Observer:
    Randy Orton is the latest wrestler in a long line of wrestlers to violate the WWE's Wellness Program. Sources within WWE have confirmed that Randy Orton recently failed to meet the requirements to pass the WWE Wellness Program drug test. Also, WWE officials found over eight bottles of non-prescription Painkillers in Randy Orton's dressing bag at a recent event. Vince McMahon recently had a talk with talent from all three brands in which he warned them about the use of Painkillers. And if that isn't enough, it should be noted that Orton has tested positive for steriod use within the last two months.

Seeing how he will be a vital part of SummerSlam when he does battle with Hulk Hogan, it remains to be seen if WWE will punish him, thus complicating this important storyline. If action isn't taken, it will be highly unfair to Rob Van Dam, not to mention that it will look very bad in the eyes of the public.

There will be more on this story as it develops.

So they have proven they can be tough on ECW guys but how will they treat their golden boy Randy Orton I wonder?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

with the pain their bodies obviously go through, surely they need these pain killers? wellness program is just a public front for wwe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

From The Wrestling Observer:

So they have proven they can be tough on ECW guys but how will they treat their golden boy Randy Orton I wonder?

Funny I thought they were n't that tough! In terms of what they could have gotten a fine and a 30 day suspension was n't the worst possible result for them.

It will be an interesting situation though. Hogan is apparently in total control of the Angle and wants it to coincide with the relaese of his daughters album so I'd imagine delaying the angle becuse of some sort of suspension is not somthing Hogan would want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

I read on the TWC Forum (unintentional plug:p ) that this Orton thing isn't true, and it wasn't printed in the Observer. Anyone have more news on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I read it on the PWT forums, the guy there got it off some others forums where the guy wouldn't give his source, and everyone else said it hadn't been on the 3 main sites, so I doubt it's true. The story sounds kinda iffy aswell.."non-prescription Painkillers", would that just be like anadin or dispirin? They're non-prescription. And I don't think WWE officials can just go searching through people's property like that, can they?

EDIT: Well, despite my doubts, apparently it is true, and here's some more:

Credit: Wrestling Observer Newsletter
    Apparently WWE have decided not to publicly punish Orton for violating the WWE Wellness Program. In addition to be fined $2,000, Vince McMahon will hire Orton a rehab consultant where he/she will travel on the road with Orton, due to the fact Orton will not be taken off WWE television.

Many stars are outraged at WWE officials and even Vince McMahon for not taking drastic action towards the situation. Paul Heyman is said to be the most outraged, due to the fact that RVD, the star of ECW was suspened for thirty days for something similar to this situation, however, Orton has not even been serverly punished.

One source within WWE commented "This is highly unfair to the entire roster that Orton was not suspened. It's going to make the wellness program look more like a joke because just about everything in WWE leaks online." It should also be noted that Hulk Hogan is the reason Orton didn't get suspened because he played peace-maker during the entire situation. He persuaded Vince to keep Orton, especially with the big Summerslam showdown coming in August.

Hmm..I've just re-read that, and I'm sticking with my original thought, that it's fake. Some spelling mistakes, although Meltzer makes them sometimes..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

From the observer:

There has been some sort of an item regarding Randy Orton posted on some web sites attributes to the Observer. The item is made up and has never appeared in the Observer Newsletter. Orton can get into enough trouble on his own without people having to make up stuff on him. Any sites who posted anything owe Orton a major and immediate apology and should pray WWE legal doesn't come after you, because it's going to be pretty hard to defend yourself when you credit something to a newsletter you don't even read.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Haha, just as I suspected!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Hopefully the WWE, or Orton can track down the idiot who spread this crap, and sue his ass to the high heavens. Just shows that these gossip sites need to be taken with a massive pinch of salt alot of the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Done before Vengeance. Nice interview. Totally robbed from GROOMSYv2 on BQ forums. Orton actually comes across as a decent guy in this.
    Randy Orton Interview

-Starts out hitting on (jokingly) a female host in the background. He likes brunettes.

-During his 60 day suspension, he went to anger management in Atlanta.

-Was a bit disappointed in the ONS match with Kurt. Kurt was a little to “amped up” (I forget how he worded it, but it was a logical explanation), however he loved the fans.

-Says HBK is balding and HHH is fat. Jokingly says, “I should be in the new DX if you ask me.” Anyways, he feels HBK and HHH are great performers for their ages.

-Says his title win was too much too soon.

-Calls Harry Smith “phenomenal”, but he is currently lacking things.

-Since he’s came back as a “new man”, he’s had some talks with Vince, and they have lots of plans for him in the future. Lots of guys his age haven’t grasped psychology and storytelling yet.

-“When do you think HHH and HBK should allow younger guys at the top?”… “Last week”. He was mainly joking around there though. HHH taught him a lot. Says they need HHH and HBK still there to be there as mentors for guys like the Spirit Squad.

-Learned a lot from the Evolution members outside the ring.

-Was GLAD that he was “Randy Orton, 3rd Gen. Superstar” and got to be himself. Says gimmicks are good for low/mid cards. To be a main eventer, you gotta be yourself. He mentions Lashley here too.

-Wants to do a storyline with Hogan. Wants to be the “bad boy” that Brooke fell in love with.

-Responds to Luger’s WWE thoughts (Cena is a joke, Rey has the title because Eddie died, and Orton is a joke). Some key things we said were: Well, Lex Luger isn’t really known for being…uh…talented…whatsoever. He had a body, but that’s it. He called Luger the epitome of the “****s”.

-Calls the Undertaker the best today. He’s not wrestling full time, but never saw such a loud crowd whenever his music hit. 10x louder for everyone else. He draws/sells tickets and packs arenas. He liked his year long program with him.

-He calls Kenny Doane a “skinny cheerleader” but they need to change his gimmick if Doane goes anywhere. Right now, no one would buy one Spirit Squad guy against a Shawn Michaels or a HHH…they need all five. They need to fix that he thinks. Says Doane is the most talented.

-Orton calls Rey one of his best friends in the business. Had some of his most favorite matches with Mysteiro. Doesn’t know WHAT they are doing with Rey’s booking. Example, how he would do it: Khali beats up Rey for a while, but because he’s the Champ they can’t have him lose to these guys…so Rey makes the underdog comeback for the win.

-Says Smackdown is suffering but Batista is turning things around.

-Henry was a low/midcarder, now he’s randomly being put into the main event. Fans perceive him as a midcarder, so it’s weird seeing Henry main eventing every show.

-Isn’t sure if they will cancel Smackdown. If ECW takes off, he thinks the Smackdown roster would be divided up…some to RAW, some to ECW. But you can’t take random WWE guys and throw it into ECW and mess up the history of the company.

-RAW is always going to be Vince’s “baby”. You got Hunter.

-Was asked to tell them why a non-wrestling fan would want to buy Vengeance. He says there’s going to be a variety of things happening, him/Angle...this question was stupid and went nowhere.

-Asked about thoughts on Cena’s face/heel/face/etc. reactions. At ECW they chanted “Same old ****!”…well, that’s because he does…the same old ****. The girls/younger crowd are huge Cena fans…he must have made a billion dollars last year in merchandise. He says Cena is one of those guys that will always have charisma. Says that on a road trip with him Cena would freestyle nonstop about random things they passed (signs, restaurants, etc.). Very talented, but wishes he was a better wrestler.

-Wants to work with Batista, Kurt Angle, HHH (HHH as a face, Orton as a heel this time), Cena, and he loved working with Eddie, even though he barely did.

-Says, he believes he’s a good seller and good at getting his ass kicked.

-Hosts say that Orton is the best at doing the “glazed eyes, don’t know where I am” thing. Kinda like Lesnar at the end of WrestleMania 19 (only that was for real). He did this at Rumble 2005 against HHH, and everyone in the locker room bought it.

-Been knocked out twice and has had six concussions total.

http://84.233.200.7/{7c23fc2c-ad3a-4385-93eb-6ea9b6ff4bce}/{fa29b119-1ca5-439e-9c23-6014b32090f7}/WrestleCast.mp3

It can be heard on that, but the link is dodgly the link isnt the greatest.

Advertisement