Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Internet? I Think So

Options
  • 07-07-2006 5:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi today i went out and bought myself a usb wireless wifi adapter. I done so because I got a new adsl modem router and wanted to make my pc wireless.

I set up the usb adapter and was about to go done stairs to set up the router. Now this is where things went wrong or right lol? My homepage displayed and there you have it my internet was up and running.

the funny thing is my modem router and phone lines are in a box. I have no connection to any phone lines not even a phone wire in the wall.

So how am I recieving internet and from what source or whom?

Does this mean I can cancell my account and if I do will the gateway that this information is streaming in be lost?

Will i lose my ip address my internet settings and this seemingly free source of information that I can only suggest is comming from the airport or a friendly neighbour that does not mind me tapping into his source?

If this is the case I just want to take the time now to say a big THANKS BUDDY. your the bestist.

Can anyone shed light on this?:D

Advertisement