Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

O2 "gold" upgrade

• 07-07-2006 5:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭

I want to stick with O2, but they are not doing themselves any favours as regards customer retention.

Have been told I am due a "gold" upgrade, but the handset prices are ridiculous. €129 for a Nokia 6230i or €359 for a Nokia N70.

All I want is a nice new Nokia that is cheap to either replace my year-old 6230i or sell and put towards a sim-free N72 or N73 when they are out (a Samsung might be the only option to do that at the moment) - not much to ask, considering I spend over €1,000 a year with them.

Tempted to change to Three and have even looked at Vodafone, whose handsets are all cheaper for new customers.

Have written a letter of complaint.

Ideas, similar complaints, or advice welcome!

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Pop into an o2 retail store and ask if there's any special offers for gold upgrade customers on their samsung phones. You'll get a nice suprise. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

SDooM wrote:
    Pop into an o2 retail store and ask if there's any special offers for gold upgrade customers on their samsung phones. You'll get a nice suprise. :)

will try that. But can I sell it and make a few bob to put towards a decent Nokia? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

Have to say. I switched from Nokia to Samsung with the last purchase and intend now getting a new Samsung. Found them to be great little phones. The only problem is the usual **** selection we get offered in Ireland, the best stuff is for other people apparently :(

oh I wont be keeping it!

I agree that the choice of phones here seems to be pretty dire, compared to the UK, for example. Very annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭VroomVroom

I'm in the same situation, O2 website told me I am entitled to a "Gold" upgrade from O2, thought handsets were very overpriced.

Rang Customer Service, told them I wanted better options than I was being offered as a customer for 4 years spending about €100 a month, 10 minutes on hold they came back and told me I could have a "Gold" upgrade !!!

I pointed out to them that to get a SE W800 on their Gold Upgrade would cost me €30 more than if I just went to Vodafone and signed up as a new customer, they basically said that I should go and do that!

I am waiting to see of Vodafone actually release the W810i or V630i but I won't be going back to O2. Would be interested to see if they reply to the letter you sent them, I'm sure the person I spoke to in Customer Service has very little power to go giving me better options but the letter might work, good luck!

• Advertisement

Will keep you posted. Hope to hear from them early next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Samsung s400i is great and good value on a Gold.
    When did you write the letter, I would be interested to see if you get a reply. Prob better writing an email

well, I say letter, I actually sent an email.

Wonder how much I can sell the S400i for?

Advertisement