Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feedback welcome on a recording

Options
  • 07-07-2006 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

I was thinking it could be great if we posted our recordings up and got feedback from each other.
    I'm posting up a home recording that I'm presently working on. Constructive feedback and criticisim welcome. El Capitane.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Nice frobisher.

You should stick up the tempo and some clips - like the bass, acoustic, electric and some vox clips up too. This forum was set up to provide a collaborative effort with music, I'd be interested in doing a remix of that.

You aren't influenced by Elvis Costello by any chance are you? That song reminds me of one of the tracks from When I was Cruel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

Hey Gordon, what system are you using? I'm cubase sx and reason. Maybe we're compatible?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Reason 2.5 and Garageband, no Cubase unfortunately, although I'll need to try and buy that it's a great program.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭sturgo

I like it. Nicely nixed. The vocals could do with some compression. Also the guitar track which appears in the final few bars should be throughout the entire song. I think overall what the track is lacking is just a little more punch.

Good work!

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭eddyc

Savage tune!!!! As the other lads said a bit of compression on the guitar maybe a limiter on the vox , the drum beat sounds a little out of place as its mono and the rest of the tracks are very wide in the mix, so maybe throw a doubler and spacial enhancer over it to widen it out and maybe a bit less cutoff/more high eq on it, anyways good stuff :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭sei046

he "dah" vocals could sit a bit nicer maybe with reverb. Watch for take ends with hiss etc. The vox could do with a boost around the 3k mark but thats subjective i suppose. What mic did you use?

I wasnt sure about the acoustic motif in the mix but it actually sits nice. Great track but if it were me i would try and get rid of that Boxie vox sound

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭sei046

that guitar sounds fairly compressed already with that tremolo so i personally wouldnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Just downloaded it... nice work, seriously! Has that Manu Chao feel to it, which also sounds great. Vocals could do with a little compression. Rendering is good, nice balance in the background with the little additions like the triangle tap etc. Keep us posted!

Advertisement