Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Telephone call problem

• 07-07-2006 6:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry I this is in the wrong place. I can't find anywhere more appropriate. Mod please move or delete as required.

I'm trying to ring a number in Ireland from France. I have the correct dialing code etc. The number is on my speed dial and it worked for me several times in the past. Now when I ring it rings out every time and I have tried it dozens upon dozens of times at different times of the day night etc. Is there any way to find out if the number is still active? Bear in mind I can't ring 1800 numbers or 10 from France. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

If you pm one of us the number spose we could the number....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

Hagar wrote:
    Sorry I this is in the wrong place. I can't find anywhere more appropriate. Mod please move or delete as required.

I'm trying to ring a number in Ireland from France. I have the correct dialing code etc. The number is on my speed dial and it worked for me several times in the past. Now when I ring it rings out every time and I have tried it dozens upon dozens of times at different times of the day night etc. Is there any way to find out if the number is still active? Bear in mind I can't ring 1800 numbers or 10 from France. Any help would be appreciated.
    Go to the VoIPStunt website and make a free trial call - put your number in, and then the number youre trying to reach, and VoipStunt will call you first, and then call the other number. The free trial calls only ast a minute, I think, but it'll do for your purposes.

(You don't have to download any software, or sign up your e-mail address to try this).

By the way, various area codes in Ireland are being changed to 7 digit dialling - this might be affecting your call.

BT has information about this on their site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Hagar wrote:

Presume you are trying from a mobile ... you say you have the correct code.. are you sure?....+35387******* also make sure your caller id is turned on ... cant make calls internationally with cid off.. prob that. OOps just re read thread.. if its ringing out no one ther e or phone un plugged from wall socket,,

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

JohnnieM wrote:
    also make sure your caller id is turned on ... cant make calls internationally with cid off..

First I heard of that - half the networks don't seem to pass on CLID info anyways..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Thanks for the help lads. Bloody Eircom. I think I'll just buy a stamp...

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

(hate saying this but...) it mightn't be an eircom issue. Theoretically the phone could have its volume turned down. The folks could be gone away. They might have caller-id and not want to talk to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

parsi wrote:
    (hate saying this but...) it mightn't be an eircom issue. Theoretically the phone could have its volume turned down. The folks could be gone away. They might have caller-id and not want to talk to you.

LOL. That thought has already crossed my mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

You know that alot of area codes have changed here recently, esp the 05 area.

0502 = 057
    0506 = 057

Advertisement