Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What really grinds my gears...

Options
  • 07-07-2006 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭

If u post here it must begin with "Do you know what really grinds my gears..."

So I'll begin:

Do you know what really grinds my gears...

That in a building of four blocks and ten floors...it's the section I'm in and that one only that develops a/c problems, and u can't open windows cause I'm on the top floor.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

When people don't listen to the OP's original instructions, that gets my gears grinding!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Here's what grinds my gears - these whingeing threads.

To be perfectly honest, I feel these Rant threads are just glorified spam threads and I'm not surprised the mods have deleted them. This thread is another example of this.

We all have problems. That's life. I don't see the need to post about them.

"Oh noes! I broke a nail!"

Really? I don't give a sh*t. I've got my own problems to deal with.

There you have my thoughts on the matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Here's what grinds my gears - these whingeing threads.

To be perfectly honest, I feel these Rant threads are just glorified spam threads and I'm not surprised the mods have deleted them. This thread is another example of this.

We all have problems. That's life. I don't see the need to post about them.

"Oh noes! I broke a nail!"

Really? I don't give a sh*t. I've got my own problems to deal with.

There you have my thoughts on the matter.
    Don't fucking read them then. Problem solved, and no whingeing on your part necessary :rolleyes:

DaveMcG wrote:
    Don't fucking read them then. Problem solved, and no whingeing on your part necessary :rolleyes:

Funny how you object to me whingeing about a whingeing thread.

The 'don't read it' argument doesn't really stand up as it can be used to justify anything on this forum.

Why not have a let's talk about sex thread? If you don't like it, don't read it. Doesn't really work that argument, does it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Funny how you object to me whingeing about a whingeing thread.

Yeah, it's hilarious
    The 'don't read it' argument doesn't really stand up as it can be used to justify anything on this forum.

Why not have a let's talk about sex thread? If you don't like it, don't read it. Doesn't really work that argument, does it?

YAWN!!! You bore the sh*t out of me

• Advertisement

DaveMcG wrote:
    Yeah, it's hilarious

YAWN!!! You bore the sh*t out of me

Judging by the tone of your comments, I can actually see why you need these whinge/rant threads so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Yet more wonderful contributions from DaveMcG...:rolleyes:

Did he not tell you MNG....? The "core posters" should be allowed do what they like on the forum.

Hulla locked the rant thread because it was an off-topic spamfest. He also said in his warning that if it did go off-topic he would lock it and there wouldn't be another one. That was evidenced by Truckle locking the thread started by Chakar.

I wouldn't worry about it, I'm sure it'll be locked soon.

Hulla locked the rant thread because it was an off-topic spamfest. He also said in his warning that if it did go off-topic he would lock it and there wouldn't be another one. That was evidenced by Truckle locking the thread started by Chakar.

Plus there's an announcement about it!

Yeah, god forbid the people here actually read whats right in front of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Ya ok, spamfest not doing justice to my favouite episode of Family Guy (I admit I've only watched about 3, stoopid BBC).

Lock it, seems it being spammed with rants about spam.

...it's like ra-a-ain, on your wedding day...

(I must point out, the whole broken air conditioning in the office has led me to delerium, and I do crazy things like photograph shoes)

EDIT: this delerium also led me to miss the notice at the top of the page, apologies hulla

• Advertisement

dajaffa wrote:
    Lock it, seems it being spammed with rants about spam.

...it's like ra-a-ain, on your wedding day...

Well in fairness, we were all told not to start another one....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Fúck sake....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement