Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheap x2 3800

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Nice 100 euro off of retail. Hope its there in a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭techie

Have you bought from there before, are their deliveries quick???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭savemejebus

haven't bought from them 'yet' but they claim a 4 working day delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Look at this one on komplett http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=308955
    Any good ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

BadCharlie wrote:
    Look at this one on komplett http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=308955
    Any good ?

Sorry to butt in, but what's with this price? Its lower than overclockers/jes, even newegg. Its even lower than ebay.

4Xcut wrote:
    Sorry to butt in, but what's with this price? Its lower than overclockers/jes, even newegg. Its even lower than ebay.

Well i think its cause intel are bringing out there new chips. AMD are droping all the prices of there chips to stop people going back to intel. The chip i just posted up looks good but i would rather get one of the dual core chips. I think the prices of these are going to drop in the next few weeks and then i might buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

There was a thread in the main computer sections about AMD dropping the prices of their cpu's by as much as 50%(for single core athlon 64's) due to the conroe release .It appearsthat Komplett have already put these price dropps into affect even though the are supposed to come into affect on the 21st of jult (I think).

P.S Intel are also supposed to be dropping prices .

I hope they drop the price of there dual core cpus also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Yeah they will but it is not by the same percentage,its alot less then 50%,i think max is 25%.

The X2's are still reletivly new.

• Advertisement

25% does not make it cheap enough for me to buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭savemejebus

the 40% in the link i posted is pretty good i think, and that's before the official price drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭ricka05

According to memos recently obtained by me:D , AMD will drastically cut prices on its desktop processors after the July 23rd release of Intel’s Core 2 Duo Conroe processors:

http://images.dailytech.com/nimage/1779_large_full_pricing.png
    http://images.dailytech.com/nimage/1779_large_full_pricing.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

The link to the 4000+ is also a socket 939 processor, although you are correct it undercuts the OCUK price. Would many of you be persuaded to go 939 for that price? Seems like a good bargain to me, if you already have the RAM and a decent MoBo

DirkVoodoo wrote:
    The link to the 4000+ is also a socket 939 processor, although you are correct it undercuts the OCUK price. Would many of you be persuaded to go 939 for that price? Seems like a good bargain to me, if you already have the RAM and a decent MoBo

Looks great and only 1 left on komplett as i post now. But im just going to hang on till the end of the month and c what i can get for me money. Going to stay 939 just get a better chip.

Advertisement