Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you think im on to a winner?

Options
  • 07-07-2006 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭

Here's an acc I put down 2day

Gaa all to win

Tyrone @ 1/2
    Leitrim @ 11/8
    Monaghan @ 8/13
    Armagh @ 8/13

and....

France to win after Penalties 8/1

Stake €5 = €418

Well??????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,766 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Its very difficult to predict such a bet as a winner, def not a sure thing as the soccer bet throws it up in the air. Its okay value, ya wont miss your €5! If both Italian and French defence live up to their capabilities, it prob go to pens...after that in the lap of the Gods! Leitrim bet might let ya down

best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Trilla wrote:
    Leitrim bet might let ya down

They feckin better not, ill be at the match!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

stepbar wrote:
    Here's an acc I put down 2day

Gaa all to win

Tyrone @ 1/2
    Leitrim @ 11/8
    Monaghan @ 8/13
    Armagh @ 8/13

and....

France to win after Penalties 8/1

Stake €5 = €418

Well??????

Nope.

Curious... Not being smart (maybe drunk :D) but why?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

stepbar wrote:
    Curious... Not being smart (maybe drunk :D) but why?

Not being smart either! It’s just that over the years when I used to bet on accumulators, I frequently would be close to a big win from a small stake only to lose one or two of the last bets.

I'm now a big believer in trying to find the value of a sport you know a bit about and then picking one bet rather than creating too many variables by going with an accumulator. Recent example would be picking Ghana to beat the Czechs in the footie (7/1). I'm trying to take a long term view on the whole betting thing rather than one big win.

Still... hope you prove me wrong and win your bet! Good luck!

• Advertisement

Mezcita wrote:
    Not being smart either! It’s just that over the years when I used to bet on accumulators, I frequently would be close to a big win from a small stake only to lose one or two of the last bets.

I'm now a big believer in trying to find the value of a sport you know a bit about and then picking one bet rather than creating too many variables by going with an accumulator. Recent example would be picking Ghana to beat the Czechs in the footie (7/1). I'm trying to take a long term view on the whole betting thing rather than one big win.

Still... hope you prove me wrong and win your bet! Good luck!

Fair nouf, sur its all a bitta luck. I usta do the big money on singles, doubles and trebles and TBH won feck all. Love doin the acc bitta excitement!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,766 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Tyrone let yo down, as ya probably know. Some people find the GAA safe enough to bet on in comparison to other sports, but I tend to stay clear especially the backdoor games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭digiman

GAA is a hard enough sport to bet on, there is usually a lot of draws and upsets come around often enough as well. Saying that I put Donegal to win in a treble with Germany and a draw in the World Cup final, I think the odds worked out at 14/1 on PP.
    One right so far so I just hope my county wont let me down, I think the WC will be a draw as they are close teams and so many knock-out games have been draws in the WC already

Advertisement