Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Credit Card Questions

Options
  • 07-07-2006 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

Actually two questions . I do alot of buying abroad is there any credit card that gives the best exchange rate or better still doe not charge a foreign transaction fee of 1.75% on top.

Also it looks like the AIB O Card ie.. Transact Online is closing down anyone know if there is a simliar service provided by another bank.

Cheers for the help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Actually two questions . I do alot of buying abroad is there any credit card that gives the best exchange rate or better still doe not charge a foreign transaction fee of 1.75% on top.

I don't think there is any card in Ireland that currently offers that.
    Also it looks like the AIB O Card ie.. Transact Online is closing down anyone know if there is a simliar service provided by another bank.

Not that I know of. However, if you're shopping on trustworthy, secure sites, you should have nothing to worry about using your normal number.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,632 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

themessiah wrote:

Some UK issuers (Nationwide for one) do not charge anything on FX.

Advertisement