Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to deal with customers ...

Options
  • 08-07-2006 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭

http://www.zefrank.com/punc/

While the link is humour ... It still raises the question ... how do you deal with .. know it all clients / difficult clients

*waits for no replies to come*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

: )

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

error9 wrote:
    While the link is humour ... It still raises the question ... how do you deal with .. know it all clients / difficult clients
    Oh... you had a design in mind, eh? And you didn't tell about it... why? Could you tell me about the design you have in mincd, and we can go from there?

If they have a design, cool. They proberly don't, tho, and spend the next hour trying to think what they want the site/picture/logo to convey:D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Punctuation substitution, love it!

I made a website for someone recently. She didn't give me much to go on regards design so I made a site with a design I liked and the colours she wanted (black, gold, turquoise and pink... ahem..). She didn't like the design and told me she actually just wanted it as I had it but without the design, just the black background. So I did that and she was actually really happy with it. I wasn't too keen myself but she "really liked it" and was "really happy with it". So I made the site completely and she was happy and the site went live.

She sent the link out to a ****load of people and eventually got feedback. Not good apparently. She phoned me and told me that people thought the site lacked design, wasn't creative and needed to be more interesting.

I used quite a bit of punctuation substitution there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

There is nothing worse than a client that hasn't a clue. I've often spent days creating design after design for one client only to be told that they will go with the first one I produced, wow what a waste of two days. Its there moeny though, right?

Time and experience has thought me that its better to give them exactly what they want early on so they can see just how bad there ideas are and the quicker they will let go and let you do your thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭spidermonkey

it'd be cool if he showed what he did and what they ended up using.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

How about this for a story (All names, locations etc have been changed to protect ID's).

A business aqquaintance of mine (Mick) who runs a very large Knnitwear manufacturing operation recalled an incident with a major US Mail Order Company which happened to also be one of his biggest customers.

Apparently the cutomer had placed a substantial order for new designs which were duly produced and shipped to the US. Mick was delighted with developments up to the point (c6 months later)when Max called to his Trade Stand to discuss new season orders. Details were noted and prior to ending of the meeting Max (the US Buyer) commented that he had a problem which would require Mick's help. Apparently very few of the product that had been shipped had sold and tons of the stuff was still languishing in US Warehouses, which was making life difficult for Max. Max put it to Mick "That he would like him to take back the unsold stock and the value be credited against future orders". Mick said, " that shouldn't be a problem, but do you mind if I make a quick phonecall". Max was curious, as Mick was the Owner/Manager, " No problem, go right ahead". When Mick returned, Max enquired, "Hey Mick, I was curious who you had to call, afterall, you are the guy who owns and runs this outfit." "That's right, but in order to see if we could accept your stock return, I first had to check if the sheep would agree to take the wool back"!

Advertisement