Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cats and Flower beds

Options
  • 08-07-2006 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭

How do you keep cats out of flowerbeds. Does that plastic matting and treebark work?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

Thorny hedge clippings, rose/hawthorne etc, scattered on the soil will help. Just be careful to wear thick gloves when gardening;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

Half bury little tubs of Vicks Vapo-rub in the flower bed, they HATE the smell, wont go near it usually.

b

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

its my opinion that no matter what ya do if they want in they will go!!!!

cats are no fools!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭darkflower

why not try providing them a sandbox for them to do their play/litter..works well with me.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Most cats are afraid of water - so half fill an empty coke bottle with water and leave it in the flower beds

Or a more drastic measure try and spray them with water - its not going to hurt them but will scare them enough to not come back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Most cats are afraid of water - so half fill an empty coke bottle with water and leave it in the flower beds

Or a more drastic measure try and spray them with water - its not going to hurt them but will scare them enough to not come back

Seriously have you found that to work? I never have.

Advertisement