Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

slow ar$e?

Options
  • 08-07-2006 8:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

basically at the mo using a AMD64 3200+ on laptop , but when i go into the cpanel and system ,the cpu speed always reads at something a lot slower like 677mhx 866mhx etc , i think (though i maybe wrong) this has something to do with sidestepping technology ie to save power to the battery on the laptop.

Since the laptop is plugged into the mains 99% of the time im wondering id their an option to disable this and get full whack of the cpu ?

its a presario r3000 compaq laptop

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Why? It'll adjust to your needs dependant on the application you're running, there would be absolutely no point in forcing it to run faster when its idle.....

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Thats Cool and quiet technology.........

It should ramp back up to full speed when the CPU is under load, If you want to disable it, there should be an option in the Bios, you should also uninstall the cool and quiet driver.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Download Cpu Z it will exactly your current cpu speed

Advertisement