Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UV plexy on the cheap

Options
  • 08-07-2006 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭

if any one out there is looking for a couple of sheets of yellow or green UV plexy 32cm x 32cm 3 or 4 mil thick for €4 each ...go into habitat in suffok street they have them there on sale as plate coasters , its the same as the AC RYAN stuff i should know ive tons of it here already ...Nice if your planning a mod soon ...they also have thick UV straws in the same color UV stuff 6 x for €2 .. so if you have any imagiation you could do some cool stuff with them ....They also do some cool plain PLEXY boxes with removable lids and im thinking about putting my shuttle mobo and set up into one ..you can find some really good moding stuff in the weridest places for an example my wife got me an issey miyake aftershave kit and the box around it has made the best looking watercooling res ive seen for a while , all ive to do is get my tapping kit out and put the barbs in :cool: so watch out you never know what could end up in your system .BTW the wife thinks now that im a bit of a nut or a child brain cos she gave me my present and i left what was in the box on the floor and started playing around with the box ?????
    Thats all folks !!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

*wanders off to hibitat*
    Thanks for that one man ;)
    Just when I needed it too methinks ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

perfect this will look better on my xbox than clear acrylic

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Where are you putting it?

I'm getting my pieces and tools together for some plexy work soon on some cases, been mulling over xbox (crystal) ideas too.

Was thinking of removing the sheet metal faraday cage and replacing it with mesh (black/silver - haven't decided).
    Was considering putting a thin sheet of acrylic under the motherboard and lighting it with LEDs.
    Where would you mount the UV light source? Are you using a 10cm CCFL?

I've to mount a serial port on the back (for X3IR mod), and am considering having a go at the VGA mod - though I may leave that for a 2nd devkit xbox or linux thinbox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

DVD drive window me thinks :) Im also gonna have an etch on it, anyone know where I can find the japanese symbol for envy or death ?:) and yeah a cathode is going in, green and black the case is, I like that scheme

Advertisement