Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drain clogged up with hardwall or grout

Options
  • 08-07-2006 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

I had a lot of building work done in the house not long ago and noticed that someone has blocked my drain up with looks like concrete.

I managed to free up most of what I can see [as far as the grill] but I don't know how far in it has hardened.

Would Dino-Rod be able to do something here? I had one company come around but he said he couldn't get ti access it but I'm not sure he knew what I wanted him to do (I wasn't there when he called)

There is a man hole a couple of feet away, I was wondering could they go from this side where they would have more of a chance to get their gear in, or would I have to tear up the concrete/pipes etc?

I hate contractors by the way:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Viking House

You probably have a layer of cement/grout at the bottom of your pipes, this needs to be scraped away.
    The only thing I can think of is to cut a piece of circular steel or plywood a little bit smaller than the pipe, attach this to the rod and scrape off the grout with it.
    Otherwise you have to bite the bullet and dig up the pipes.
    Never let tilers wash their gear in the sink always give them a bucket of water and tell them to spill it in the garden afterwards.

Viking (contractor)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Limey

Thanks Viking, I just hate the ones that have done work for me;) Hopefully I don't have to go digging, cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

You can get a semi-circular scraper for the end of the rod , the semi-circular part is hinged so you can push it past the stuff and pull it out .I suppose good hardware places would have them ,shouldn't be expensive either

Advertisement