Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with wireless router

• 08-07-2006 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭

ya cant get my wireless router to work at the moment... at first it was working fine as a lan, we were doing file sharing , but we recently got a broadband connection in and when we tried to plug it into the router we couldnt get the internet connection to work, and since we did that the lan has been showing up warning notice limited or no connectivity..any ideas what could be up??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

Do you actually want a useful answer, or are you just exercising your typing fingers?

Maybe if you included some useful information (like the model number of the wireless router, who your broadband provider is, whether your LAN is still working, even with the warning) you might get some help with your networking problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭nude_hamster

Foxwood wrote:
    Do you actually want a useful answer, or are you just exercising your typing fingers?

Maybe if you included some useful information (like the model number of the wireless router, who your broadband provider is, whether your LAN is still working, even with the warning) you might get some help with your networking problem.

well i suppose my fingers were becoming a bit flabby, well the LAN still kinda works, but the program that configures the router can access the router at all, which before it was able to access the router through tha LAN, as for models the router is Buffalo Air Station G54 - WHR-G545S and we are getting our broadband from ICE comms.

and wow not one insult in my reply!!

and wow not one insult in my reply!!
    I read the QIG for your router, and wrote a reply, but then I thought, what the hell do I care?

I'm off to watch the match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

I'm guessing: You've buggered up the IP addressing scheme or DHCP. Best thing in the long run: Reset router,etc. start again.

Foxwood wrote:
    I read the QIG for your router, and wrote a reply, but then I thought, what the hell do I care?

I'm off to watch the match.

ahh right...thanks for your time anyway

• Advertisement

Karoma wrote:
    I'm guessing: You've buggered up the IP addressing scheme or DHCP. Best thing in the long run: Reset router,etc. start again.

ya i tried that...a good few times..and then the LAN does work again but still cant get the bb set up on the wireless router

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

That must be Foxwood's 1st non insult filled post, congrats on that... :rolleyes:

N_H don't bother using the config program that comes with a router, ever, ever ever they do more messing to do a simple few settings then anything just open a webpage and enter the ip of the admin page on the router eg 192.168.1.254
    If you don't know the address then look in the network settings of your working cable connection for default gateway, that is the address to enter.

I presume you are using DHCP (to get an IP automatically) and NAT (to allow more than one comuter to connect at the same time) to setup everything... OK time for a google...

OK you have an extra 5 in the model number there N_H

The Quick guide is pretty useless.

What other equipment do you want to use with this. Remember not to setup security until after you have a working link and store the key on a usb stick instead of typing it in.

MC

OK you have an extra 5 in the model number there N_H

The Quick guide is pretty useless.

What other equipment do you want to use with this. Remember not to setup security until after you have a working link and store the key on a usb stick instead of typing it in.

MC

thanks mate ..your first post not to use their wizard... worked....dont know exactly what i did...but started looking round their manually DHCP config entered some of the info the bb company gave me...and woah!!! its working wireless/wired and more than one computer at a time. was happy its working...not so happy that i spent soo long at this for such an easy solution.

Glad to help, ++

MC

• Advertisement

not so happy that i spent soo long at this for such an easy solution.
    And if you'd included relevant information in your original post (like the model number), you'd have had an answer at 9:21 on Saturday morning.

Advertisement