Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First Goal in the Final?

• 08-07-2006 1:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭

The last question on the Betfair World Cup Million:

Who will score the first goal in the final? (including extra time and penalties)

Choices:
    Henry
    Zidane
    Vieira
    Totti
    Toni
    Pirlo
    Any other player

I reckon it'll be a tight match and I've gone for 'Any other player'. What do you think?

It's not too late to enter the competition by the way: https://www.million.betfair.com/betfair/home

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭ullu

I can't see either defence being breached in open play during normal time. So if there is a goal, I think it will come from a set piece. I can't see the Italian defence giving away silly penalties but it wouldn't surprise me if the French did. I don't bet on first scorer because it's usually far too much of a lottery but Pirlo or Totti would be my picks for this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Viera in the 12th min from a deflected shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I have gone for "any other player" too. I have got 3 correct answers so far, and I had a feeling that the last question would be a tough one though. Actually, I thought it would be to predict the score of the final. If I swing this I reckon I'll win a nice few bob.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Gattuso to crumple 4 french players before unleashing a shot from 35 yards out that goes straight into the top right corner!

you heard it here first! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

SofaKing wrote:
    Specific!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Bateman wrote:
    I have gone for "any other player" too. I have got 3 correct answers so far, and I had a feeling that the last question would be a tough one though. Actually, I thought it would be to predict the score of the final. If I swing this I reckon I'll win a nice few bob.

I'd love to know how many people are in each pool of prize money :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I'd love to know how many people are in each pool of prize money :eek:

Yeah, I'll probably get a tenner or something if I get this one right. :(

I would imagine that the amount of people who have got all the questions right is pretty miniscule though. Obviously plenty of individuals control multiple accounts, but to cover all options for the opening question would require a lot of accounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I'll go for a Zidane penalty (after 60 mins of play), a cheeky shot right down the middle and sending the keeper to the right. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

SofaKing wrote:
    Specific!
    I hope so, it'll win me some cash in an office comp if it happens :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I've only got 2 out of the 5 questions correct. I was going to go for "any other player" but a load of people will go for that so I just went for Toni.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Italy will win 1-0 or on penalties. Tooti to score the first - could be a peno.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Rossonero

Toni 5'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I told a mate of mine after the 2nd game of WC that Italy would reach final and Toni would score in the 62nd minute with a headed strike into the ground (past Dida I might add but thats not gonna happen now!). Gonna stick with it though I dont think he is a great player.

Toni for me

Mik....I mean

Trilla

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Come on France...just starting now.

Just had my timing a bit off but got everything else right. *looks a watch and shakes it about* :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

lol, fair play, I was checking the time of your post...that's pretty accurate!!

(The 0 after the 6 mins of play is a typo, right? ;))

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Ruu wrote:
    I'll go for a Zidane penalty (after 60 mins of play), a cheeky shot right down the middle and sending the keeper to the right. :)

That's just freaky !

Ponster wrote:
    That's just freaky !

Haha, it wont happen again. *rubs head* I predict Ponster will reply to this post shortly. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Ruu, next week's lotto numbers please :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Ruu wrote:

Pretty spot on except for the timing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement