Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dungeons and Dragons Online

Options
  • 08-07-2006 3:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

I've decided to give this a go and was wondering if anyone is actually playing it.
    I'm posting here rather than the MMORPG forum since I'm not looking for PvP whoring :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Good luck with that, it looks agonising.

Zillah - No love for D&D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

I tried it during the beta, and didn't like it.

Graphically its very nice, and the gameplay is very much core D&D3 rules.

I played through a few missions, but got to one that I just couldn't do on my own. I don't like being forced into team play. I'll play in teams if i choose to, I'll play solo if i choose to. I've seen it said in a couple of places that the game forces you to team.

Healing was also an issue, as a non cleric could only heal at one of the healing shrines, and those are IIRC one use items. (One use per adventure I should say).

Also, if you die, you respawn back at the local tavern. Take more than a couple of minutes to get back to your quest, and it will have reset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I'm trying real hard to like his game which isn't a good start. Luckily its only a seven day trial. I see what you mean by not quite solo friendly. But I must say its improved quite a bit from when I played it on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I tried to like it, I really did. But I seem to have the same problem with it I have with most online games, namely there are a huge amount of idiots who don't know what "team" means...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Tried it, hated it. They are meant to have improved the solo aspect, but I hate being forced to party on my first day in the game. That just made it awful.

Could be interesting with a group of friends all starting at the same point but tbh it just wasn't for me. I like soloing in these games and partying when I chose to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

I'm trying the 7 day trial at the moment and I'm not too impressed. It could be so much better. I'm finding it a little cramped, I guess I'm just used to open ended space + play, which is not what this is. To be honest I'd rather just stick with casual games of NWN on some of the persistant worlds as you bound to get a better rpg experience than this.
    The graphics are the only appealing aspect, nothing else is really grabbing me. hmm back to wow + NWN for me. :(

Final thought - cant wait for NWN 2.

Advertisement