Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PAC RadioPet fence! Are they worth getting?

Options
  • 08-07-2006 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I was researching this product as it would be the ideal solution to the problem i'd have if I got a dog. I have a big "open" yard/garden which I can't fence off for certain reasons. So one of these radio fences seems like the perfect solution. What do ye think? Would it be worth getting. I would'nt have my dog in the house all day every day so I would like to have a safe area for it to play etc..

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

They do work for some people but aren't always doggy proof, you would still have other dogs wandering in. The dog needs to be trained not to go passed the fenced area but once that's done it should work, just make sure the battery doesn't run out.
    The collar needs to be taken off at times (not sure about newer models) because it can cause a rash.
    Another alternative is to fence off just a section of the garden FRS (Farm Relief Services) have various fencing and are reasonably priced.

It may stop your dog running out but not other dogs coming in and won't stop any dodgy people coming in to take the dog (a lot of them around nowdays).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Chopperdog

4 of a kind,

I have been using this PAC system for my Labrador for almost a year now and cannot fault it at all.

There are a few little potential problems but are easily ironed out, low battery, dont let 2 loops of the wire cross as it will cancel the transmitted signal, and make sure to reset the collar unit manually after every recharge.

http://www.paccollars.co.uk/docs/Pac_fence/1.htm

This should answer any questions that you might have.

All in all they are a great system , PM me if you want any further info on setting it up or any specific operational questions.

Advertisement